What type of chickens are these?

Last night I let the babies and my other chickens (almost 4 months old) free range together while mostly trying to keep them separated. I had the little ones sleep in the run and the older in the coop, like normal. This morning I put the babies in a dog crate inside the coop so everyone can get to know each other a bit. Any idea how long it might take before I should allow them to all be around each other with no crate for protection? Sorry for so many questions on this post. I’ve only been a chicken mom since I got the older girls 4 months ago! 🐔
https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/change-of-plans.1454019/

This is what I did and it worked great!

Last night I let the babies and my other chickens (almost 4 months old) free range together while mostly trying to keep them separated. I had the little ones sleep in the run and the older in the coop, like normal. This morning I put the babies in a dog crate inside the coop so everyone can get to know each other a bit. Any idea how long it might take before I should allow them to all be around each other with no crate for protection? Sorry for so many questions on this post. I’ve only been a chicken mom since I got the older girls 4 months ago! 🐔

This is the thread where I documented the integration of my Splits with my Ladies: https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/integrating-the-splits-documenting-the-process.1469700/

I usually house my younger chickens next to the older ones for about a month before I let them intermingle.
as for the rest, I'd have to agree with what others have said in regards to gender and breed.

Back
Top Bottom