What type of comb is this?

big medicine

custom Brahmas
10 Years
Mar 6, 2009
When crossing a pea combed bird with a single combed bird you get some form of pea comb, as pea comb is dominant. Now when you cross a bird with one of these semi pea combs, as many easter eggers have, back to a single combed bird you can get some rather wonky looking results. Don't believe there is a proper name for your birds comb, nor would it be likely to be able to get a line of birds to reproduce that comb with regularity.

I believe maybe a polite term for such a comb would be a comb in transition, sounds better than a clobbered up mess.

New posts New threads Active threads

Top Bottom