What type of duckling do I have...?

Carolinebigsky

In the Brooder
Jun 20, 2016

Hi... Can you please take a look at the pictures and let me know what type of duck I have... I think he / she is 4 1/2 weeks old. We hatched the other baby which we think is a mallard, but we purchased the second one so they would not be alone...and we are not positive of the type.

Thanks so much!

Can anyone tell me the sex of my duck? Lou is 9 weeks old. Thanks so much

Can anyone tell me the sex of my duck? Lou is 9 weeks old. Thanks so much

You'll have to go by voice at this age since it's too young to have a drake feather. Does it quack? Females quack and males have a quiet, raspy voice. There are many videos on YouTube you can watch to hear the difference between their voices. Beautiful duck, btw! :)

Happy New Year! Surprise...we have 2 eggs. Yikes! 2 different breeds of ducks. Can they be fertile? Do ducks lay eggs in the winter? Thanks

You'll have to go by voice at this age since it's too young to have a drake feather. Does it quack? Females quack and males have a quiet, raspy voice. There are many videos on YouTube you can watch to hear the difference between their voices. Beautiful duck, btw! :) 

By look I would say female.. Males in my own personal experience have a curl on the tale, or have a ring around the neck or have a colour on the head that stops at the neck. Also males are usually bigger than the females if u have any but all in all most people can usually tell by their noise or quack sound, males are soft, husky, or don't make noise, whereas females are noisy and loud.

Happy New Year! Surprise...we have 2 eggs. Yikes! 2 different breeds of ducks. Can they be fertile? Do ducks lay eggs in the winter? Thanks
If those two are your only ducks, then those eggs wont be fertile. You need a male for that
wink.png

Duck absolutely lay in winter. My ducks are laying like no tomorrow...lol

Back
Top Bottom