What type of egg is this?

PotterWatch

My Patronus is a Chicken
11 Years
Apr 22, 2008
Virginia
My Dad found this egg when he was mowing today. I don't have anything that lays an egg this size, nor do my birds roam as far as my parents' house. Maybe a goose that wandered from the neighbor's house?

Next to a duck egg.

Compared to my hand.

Next to a turkey egg.

My Dad found this egg when he was mowing today. I don't have anything that lays an egg this size, nor do my birds roam as far as my parents' house. Maybe a goose that wandered from the neighbor's house?

Next to a duck egg.

Compared to my hand.

Next to a turkey egg.

HOLY BIG EGG!!! lmao. Baby dino???? Maybe this is Jurrasic World. I would love to know what it is.

Looks like a honker of a goose. There is a way to find out what it is...but no way to tell how long to "cook" it.
I was thinking the same thing. I'd incubate it, but how do you know. I guess you'd candle and when the starts looking full, lock em down??? lol I'd like to see the poor goose that squeezed that out. Maybe walk around the neighborhood and look for the goose who is walking funny?? lol

That's like the 137 gram egg my BBB hen laid. She normally lays 90g eggs. It's a single yoker (I think) and is in the incubator now. I don't expect success because of the fluid volume in the egg.

You can try callng natural resouces dept and see what they say. There is some info on line about hatching but not sure if youd be successful. Let us know what you find!

Temp should be 99.5 and humidity 35%. Incubate for 35 days and turn every 2 hours. Prob need to raise for lockdown. Not sure what youd do with a chick tho?!

How's it going? I know it's only been a few days. I will be interested to hear what happens when you candle it.

Back
Top Bottom