What type of electrolytes do you use?

gritsar

Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!
14 Years
Nov 9, 2007
SW Arkansas
Pedialyte? Gatorade? or what? And how much do you add to their water? My chickens don't seem to be suffering from the heat too bad right now, only some mild panting. It's about 95 degrees right now and it's only going to get hotter. They already have two fans. I'm very reluctant to put a mister on them in their present location. Also, does anyone know if Rooster Booster has electrolytes? I planned to check into getting some when we make it to Atwoods tomorrow.

I use the one sold for racing pigeons as they come in small packets you just have to add a liter of water to... but the most commonly encountered on at the feed stores has to be DURVET... dosage is as follows (WES contacted durvet manufacturer so this is solid source info on the proper dosage):
"...If you have the 4 oz. packet of Vitamins and Electrolytes then you would mix 1/2 teaspoon into 1 gallon of water.

If you have the 8 oz. packet of Vitamins and Electrolytes then you would mix 3/4 teaspoon into 1 gallon of water. ..."

Thanks. My SO seems bound and determined to get me to agree to a motorcycle ride this afternoon, so I'll look for that brand at the co-op in town.

Back
Top Bottom