What type of hamburg is she?

OblivionChooks

In the Brooder
Jan 8, 2020
Hi everyone. I've had James (pullet) since she was born she is 6 weeks old. She is a Hamburg but I have no idea what colour she is. I am wondering if anyone knew what type she is?
20200107_162435.jpg
Resized_20200218_162204.jpg
Resized_20200218_162203.jpg

What other breeds does the breeder have? I suspect its not a hamburg, but maybe a sebright.

Omg! I think you hit the nail on the head! He breeds all different types in his barns. Never cross breeds though. Each breed has it's own shed. The egg had what I thought was GH but it must have been GS written on it so I wouldnt be surprised if it's a golden sebright!

He does breed sebright but sadly the last 2 sebright eggs I had didnt hatch so I didnt know what they looked like. After a quick Google she looks just like one

Golden spangled or golden penciled. Im thinking its the first but it seems off for spangling and seems more laced. Where did you get her?

I have a golden spangled (hatched same time) and he looks nothing like this hen. That's why I'm stumped haha. I got her from a registered breeder. He marked each egg with SH or GH but never what colour of the type they would be. From the clutch I hatched 2 silver spangled ( SH eggs), 1 golden spangled (GH egg) but this hen came out of a GH egg. She is much smaller than all the others too

Back
Top Bottom