What type of hamburg is she?

OblivionChooks

In the Brooder
Jan 8, 2020
Hi everyone. I've had James (pullet) since she was born she is 6 weeks old. She is a Hamburg but I have no idea what colour she is. I am wondering if anyone knew what type she is?
20200107_162435.jpg
Resized_20200218_162204.jpg
Resized_20200218_162203.jpg

Golden spangled or golden penciled. Im thinking its the first but it seems off for spangling and seems more laced. Where did you get her?

I have a golden spangled (hatched same time) and he looks nothing like this hen. That's why I'm stumped haha. I got her from a registered breeder. He marked each egg with SH or GH but never what colour of the type they would be. From the clutch I hatched 2 silver spangled ( SH eggs), 1 golden spangled (GH egg) but this hen came out of a GH egg. She is much smaller than all the others too

What other breeds does the breeder have? I suspect its not a hamburg, but maybe a sebright.

Omg! I think you hit the nail on the head! He breeds all different types in his barns. Never cross breeds though. Each breed has it's own shed. The egg had what I thought was GH but it must have been GS written on it so I wouldnt be surprised if it's a golden sebright!

He does breed sebright but sadly the last 2 sebright eggs I had didnt hatch so I didnt know what they looked like. After a quick Google she looks just like one

Back
Top Bottom