What type of heat lamp bulb?

HannahKline14

Chirping
Jun 21, 2020
Ohio
Hey, so today we're getting 3 little over a week old chicks and keeping them in our garage i was wondering since it's got hot out side highest being almost 90 lowest at night being 65- 70 mostly 70 tho. Would a 60 watt reptile bulb be ok lor should I use 100 or something I don't want to use the 250 since it's small broader. I just don't want to over heat them ill have a thermometer in the brooder I'm want their temp to be around 80-85 because my chicks before when they were at 95 they were panting a lot.
20200702_090050.jpg

Last edited:
To prevent them from overheating you could always make a warm spot in your brooder with the light. If they get to cold they will get underneath the lamp and if they get to warm they will go into the other area.

Ya
To prevent them from overheating you could always make a warm spot in your brooder with the light. If they get to cold they will get underneath the lamp and if they get to warm they will go into the other area.
[/QUOTE
Ya, I think what I'm gonna do is take away or raise the heat lamp in the day and bring it back or lower it at night and the broader is big enough for the 3 chicks to get away from the light🙂

If you can hang the light, just get a 100 watt bulb and hang it a little higher.... that way if you decide to get more chicks later on during the colder months it will be sufficient enough as well.

If you can hang the light, just get a 100 watt bulb and hang it a little higher.... that way if you decide to get more chicks later on during the colder months it will be sufficient enough as well.
Ok I'll try and find one we have a pet smart fairly close would they have them there?

Back
Top Bottom