What type of wormer should I use for my chickens? (chicks and adults)

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by AAJ, Dec 25, 2011.

  1. AAJ

    AAJ Chillin' With My Peeps

    Oct 21, 2011
    I have never wormed ny chickens and I want to know what type of wormer should I use. I need it for my chicks and my adult chickens. I don't want it to be too expensive.
  2. trailchick

    trailchick Chillin' With My Peeps

    Pea fowl people use SafeGuard for goats.... IT is a liquid, put 3cc's/Gal water. Use 3 three days w/ daily change.
    Do it again in 10 days.. Generally do not use the eggs for 2 weeks after the final treatment...

    Others use Ivermect for cattle, but it is more expensive....

    You can do a search on this forum under the peafowl section - it a topic posted quite a bit.

    Wazine for chickens will only get rid of roundworms - I believe.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by