What TYPE of yogurt do you feed?

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by ssledoux, Apr 28, 2008.

1. ssledoux

ssledoux Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2007
    Does it matter if it has a flavor? I have organic vanilla on hand and am wondering if that would be okay to feed my week-old babies??

2. thechickenchick

thechickenchick Born city, Living country

Mar 8, 2008
    Eaton, Colorado
    I have read on here that plain organic is recomended. Also Miss Prissy (i believe) has her own homemade recipe that she will share. That being said, before I knew any better I fed mine some blueberry that my family decided they didnt like! The girls loved it and I had a blast watching them fight over the blueberry chunks!! They were about 4 weeks old. It might be a little soon to feed yours treats. Check the treat list on this site. It might say.

3. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
  4. chcknrs

chcknrs Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 7, 2008
    Kelso, WA
    I accidentally grabbed the vanilla organic too, and didn't realize it until it was almost gone! No problems at all, but I make sure and check the label now. Gotta get motivated and try the homemade tho, just have to dig out all the stuff.

5. ssledoux

ssledoux Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2007
    I tried my hand at some goat milk yogurt too when I was milking (I'm hoping to go back to milking, but I have carpal tunnel so bad that I can't milk goats anymore unless the milk just basically pours out when you touch their teats - not likely!!) I miss mine so much! I do have a dairy doe at my sister's that I am planning to get back, but I don't know if I'll ever be able to milk again or not.

What type of goats do you have?

6. aberfitch

aberfitch Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 24, 2008
    Texas Fort Worth
    does it have to be organic?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by