What TYPE of yogurt do you feed?

ssledoux

Songster
12 Years
Mar 14, 2007
Does it matter if it has a flavor? I have organic vanilla on hand and am wondering if that would be okay to feed my week-old babies??

I have read on here that plain organic is recomended. Also Miss Prissy (i believe) has her own homemade recipe that she will share. That being said, before I knew any better I fed mine some blueberry that my family decided they didnt like! The girls loved it and I had a blast watching them fight over the blueberry chunks!! They were about 4 weeks old. It might be a little soon to feed yours treats. Check the treat list on this site. It might say.

I accidentally grabbed the vanilla organic too, and didn't realize it until it was almost gone! No problems at all, but I make sure and check the label now. Gotta get motivated and try the homemade tho, just have to dig out all the stuff.

I tried my hand at some goat milk yogurt too when I was milking (I'm hoping to go back to milking, but I have carpal tunnel so bad that I can't milk goats anymore unless the milk just basically pours out when you touch their teats - not likely!!) I miss mine so much! I do have a dairy doe at my sister's that I am planning to get back, but I don't know if I'll ever be able to milk again or not.

What type of goats do you have?

Back
Top Bottom