What type should i get?

Discussion in 'Pigeons and Doves' started by andrew6d9, Oct 2, 2011.

1. andrew6d9

andrew6d9 Chillin' With My Peeps

I was wondering if anyone could tell me what type of pigeon i should get. i want them to be friendly nad come back to me. i would laso like it to be only one color such as black or grey, no white. thank you

2. usschicago1

usschicago1 Suburban Cochins

Aug 11, 2009
    Taunton, MA
    Maybe a Swallow? Check them out on the swallow pigeon clubs website (google it) they are BEAUTIFUL and I have had some VERY friendly ones (and some not so friendly [​IMG]).

3. NewHopePoultry

NewHopePoultry Overrun With Chickens

Apr 9, 2007
    Troy,Missouri
    Just about all breeds can be friendly (or not friendly,lol)
    Is there a certain look you like?
    For me, I dont like short beaked birds, but I love birds with muffed (feathered) feet.

4. nzpouter

nzpouter Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 19, 2009
    new zealand
    horseman thief pouter or any of the spanish pouter.

5. Lofty Dreams

Lofty Dreams Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2010
    Minnesota
    It all depends on how much time you spend with the birds although pouters are noted as being very friendly.

6. hookedonpigeons

hookedonpigeons Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 17, 2011
    Rural Hall, NC
    Quote:x2 [​IMG]

7. cochinGurl

cochinGurl Chillin' With My Peeps

May 11, 2010
    bellingham
    although they can be hard to come by, I think Serbian Highflyers are great birds. This is my young cock Dale. a bit on the large size, usualy there a tad smaller. Hes almost a year old. Serbians are clean legged, and have a small, petite and decrotive crest on their head. They are known for their ability to fly at extreemly high altitudes for hours on end. I have a friend (from whom i got dale) who has sevral birds who often go fly for 14 hours straight! amazing birds, and tho people say their a bit ferral, they tame down with a little time. and food. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by