What Type Spider Is This?

Quote:
By thankful it's not a camel spider:
http://animals.nationalgeographic.com/s … orpion.jpg

sorry don't mean to hijack this thread, but when I seen the 'camel spider' mentioned I needed to chime in....
When Jason was in Iraq the first time he had many many pictures of those nasty spiders, even videos of them...He has one video where the camel spider is sicssor cutting the head off a scorpion....
and they can be huge too....I seen some pictures where the body alone was the size a large coffee mug ( the top)

ok now to finish reading the rest of the thread....​

*Shiver* I have no idea what it is, but I think this post should be in the "other pets and livestock" section
lol.png

I've learned not to kill any spider around the coop unless it is a black widow. I don't think I would know a brown recluse if it bit me on the bum.
lol.png
They take care of the fly problem this time of year!! I don't jack with them unless they jack with me!!!!!

Has anyone ever seen a banana spider? When I was in Hawaii I was terrified of them!!!!

I would have to buy a new pair of shoes, couldn't bring myself to put my feet in them again after seeing one of those in there! *shudder*

The BR spider comment did make me giggle though! Too cute! *double shudder*

There are SO mant kinds of wolf spiders, and so many color combos, I have seen TONS of them that dont look quite like anything in the books... but I would bet my lunch money that it is a Wolf Spider...

Yep, my guess too. They are all over the place here. We get colors ranging from brown to gray.

All of which are gutsy lil creatures that I swear just dare you to come after them. I think they can sense my fear too and that just empowers them! They are like those little black fuzzy jumping spiders that make little lunging motions at you, like they are going to jump at your face any second! Ugh, I hate spiders lol.

Last edited:
I knew I should not have looked! ~~SHIVERS~~~ It may very well be a wolf spider. But that is not what ours look like here. (Ohio) Ours look like tarantulas! Well, sorta. They are a dark chocolate brown, hairy, and have a diamond shape on the abdomen. And they get to be HUGE!!!!!! They have really gotten out of hand around here. Some are so large that they cover the opening of a quart jar. **SHIVERS** I try my best to keep the house spider proof. Here is a pic our our Wolf spiders. Only around here they get much fatter very thick!

What%20i3265.jpg

Last edited:
ugh yuck ew! Thank God in all His infinite wisdom that the wolf spiders in MN only live in forested areas so I only see 2 a yeard when we go camping 4th of July! Ugh its all I can do to not pee myself when I get within 12 feet of a barn spider!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom