What was/is your MF D’Uccle roo temperament like?

maurizioducci

In the Brooder
Aug 20, 2022
Ohio
Hi everyone!

My 6 week old Mille Fleur D’Uccle Mariah is now officially confirmed a roo—Maurizio Ducci. I have 4 others (all presumably girls): 1 polish standard, 1 polish bantam, a bantam barred rock, and bantam buff Brahma.

A rooster wasn’t in the original plans since I ordered all sexed females, but I’m hoping to keep him if he can be a gentleman most of the time. Any personal experiences/input would be great!

Thanks!

Attachments

• 3DA2E4AE-7B0B-41D8-BAC4-DE001F23DD4C.jpeg
    3DA2E4AE-7B0B-41D8-BAC4-DE001F23DD4C.jpeg
    577.6 KB · Views: 60
A porcelain d'uccle isn't a mille fleur, of course, but my porcelain rooster is a peppy guy, who stays busy and watchful, and treats hens like queens. He lets me pick him up, but not his favorite thing. There were a few flare ups his first spring, but nothing unmanageable. A lot of personality in a small package!

A porcelain d'uccle isn't a mille fleur, of course, but my porcelain rooster is a peppy guy, who stays busy and watchful, and treats hens like queens. He lets me pick him up, but not his favorite thing. There were a few flare ups his first spring, but nothing unmanageable. A lot of personality in a small package!
Awe yay!! Glad to hear this and thanks for the input! We handle them a lot so I’m hoping that helps. He is the least likely to enjoy it at first, but then comes around 😂

Still Mille Fleur, just lavender based, it dilutes the black, & gold to create the Porcelain coloration.
Lavender dilutes gold to cream, & black to a lavender shade.

Back
Top Bottom