What was the name if your first broody girl?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Chickengal505, Jun 5, 2010.

1. Chickengal505

Chickengal505 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 4, 2010
    Bolivia N.C
    I thought this would be sooo fun to read soo here goes mine are Catrena and Spazz (they went broody at the same time) a EE and a barred rock.. [​IMG] please post even you r 2nd a 3rd broody if you want!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. TXmom

TXmom Chillin' With My Peeps

My broodiest hen is a Silkie named Sammie...this is her 3rd time going broody and she's currently raising 7 babies. She first started sitting when she was only 7 months old, and now she's almost a year and a half.

[​IMG]

My 2nd broody is a Buff Orpington named Ophelia. She's about 9 months old and raising a single hatchling right now. I haven't uploaded her pics from my phone yet.

3. Chickengal505

Jan 4, 2010
    Bolivia N.C
    Im so happy you posted no one ever posts on my threds...

4. My first Broody was name Broody!!! [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. BarkerChickens

BarkerChickens Microbrewing Chickenologist

Nov 25, 2007
    High Desert, CA
    My first broody was Bessie, a mottled Java. [​IMG]

My second broody was Yappy (does the egg for call for EVERY hen)...she was quiet for the next 2 months, it was a amazing! [​IMG]

6. panner123

panner123 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 15, 2007
    Garden Valley, ca
    Never name a chicken, you may have to eat it one day. Named chickens never taste good, ask me grand daughter. She hasn't eaten chicken in years at my house.

7. Chickengal505

Jan 4, 2010
    Bolivia N.C
    Haha i name ALL my chickies i have a strickt no eat rule at my house you eat my chickens your out of my house... [​IMG]

8. PunkinPeep

PunkinPeep Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2009
    SouthEast Texas
    Quote:I used to say that, but i found that if i feel good about the way they lived, i can eat them whether or not they have a name - and if i give them a name, i feel like i treated them better while they were here. So i name them.

And my first two broodies who went broody together were Greta (Pearl) and Mathilde (battleax). Greta's babies are 8 weeks old, and she's broody again.

9. chickensducks&agoose

chickensducks&agoose Chillin' With My Peeps

Esther. My second broody is Uncle Gumby, and the third broody chicken is Auntie Laamie. Dorothy, my mallard is broody now too.

10. Cluckin'Along

Cluckin'Along Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2009
    Exeter, RI
    My first and only Broody got her name because of it.... Big Mama! [​IMG] She is a black sex link, she's raised 2 broods now. She is a sweetie!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by