What was your best shopping bargain this year?

Black Feather

Songster
12 Years
Apr 20, 2007
Two things happened last Friday...it was freezing cold outside, and I was bored. So instead of taking my usual walk at lunch hour during the work day, I went up to the local mall to do a little browsing around. I had to move my car anyway because it was in a 2 hour parking spot so I figured, heck, why not take a run to the mall instead of stay at my desk.

There were a ton of good deals on at the different stores so I stopped in at a little store that sold bedding. I found a beautiful duvet queen sized cover for $16.99. On the packaging it had been marked down from $39.99 to $19.99 and finally to $16.99. None of these were the original price though which was not listed on the bag.

I didn't look at the receipt until the next day. The original price on the duvet cover was $168.99!! It was marked down 90%!

Now that's a deal!!

What's the best deal you've had this year?

Urban Coyote

That is a great deal! I myself am not shopping. We are being extremely conservative. But, if I were to shop it would be for more chickens or materials for another coop.
wink.png

not the best deal ever but i thought was a good deal, my first ever chickens. i bought the whole flock from someone. 12 hens, 2 roos, 25 pullets and 3 rare roo chicks..... $90. so that is 42 chickens a little over $2 a piece. she had them listed on craigslist for something like $340 for them all. wanted $12 a piece for the hens.
i have sold some, sold eggs and traded a sf roo for a sf laying hen. i have made over the $90 investment already in the four months i had them.

Don't think I've bought anything this year yet. Last fall I bought a new 3-pt hitch single bottom plow for $70 at TSC. Best of all it works great too.

I mostly buy things 2nd hand, we are fortunate to have so many good resources here. But for my birthday we bought me the 6 quart Professional mixer by KitchenAid. We paid $300, retail is $500. For a while they were even cheaper, but I am happy with the deal we got.

I bought my daughter her own computer this yr, I looked and shopped for a long time, and found the holy grail. It was a $1500.00 desktop bad boy ( brand new ) and I snagged it for less than $500.00 with a great photo printer free.

AL

I bought a beautiful ceiling fan that's brushed nickel and mahogany wood. It'll go into the bedroom, where the air circulation is terrible.

Retail: $130
I paid: $25

My best deal (non-bird) was actually last January when I found a leather Etienne Aigner purse, normally $96 for less than $20. Haven't bought a leather purse in years! I was with my SIL and she bought one too, we still laugh about that!

But bird wise my best deal had to be my guineas from Estes Hatchery last August for $1.30 each! Their sale advertised them at $1.60 but they gave me 1>30 just to be rid of some I think. Very nice birds.

Hubby's car, hands down!
It was FREE! 96 Dodge Neon, it needed a transmission, but, we have a family member who owns a salvage yard. Tranny was $200 and I found a guy that put it in for $200. With all that, tag title and 2 new tires I have less than $800 in it.
It gets 35 MPG and hubby drives 40 miles one way.

Back
Top Bottom