What was your first car??

Quote:
The oldest gas station i visited was in Philadelphia/TN on I-75S take the exit and then left , first gas station you run into on the left . They still had metal flapy things that clacked down instead of of of the digital screen thingimagig.

We have a country store 2 miles down the road that still has the "metal flappy things" when you pump gas. lol
My first car was a brown chevy chevette...ugly but it got me there.

At the age of 16 yrs old, my mother gave me a 1967 volkswagon bug, with two wave radio. Color was cream. Mint condition right off of the show room floor. I loved that car. I went into the Navy in 87, got out of boot camp to pick up my car just to find out that my little brother had trashed it. I cried like a baby. I still want an older volkswagon bug.

1988 Burgandy Chevy Cavalier...Drivers side window was broken, and no air... And I lived in florida at the time..Many cars in between then and now... But now I have a 2006 Ford f250
smile.png
And I love it!!

1970 Galaxy 500, blue, 4door. Nicknamed "Shermie" as in sherman tank! Also known to contain as many as 13 teenagers at times- we didn't think my friend's Bug could handle that. Hauled more sand back from the graduation beach party than was in the harbor- they were dredging for weeks!

Quote:
How many gallons to the mile did that cutie get?

One more fun fact about my goggomobil, you had to mix oil into the gas ,like 1 part oil 35 parts gas i think, after doing that i used to shake the car by pushing up and down on the rear fender to mix the gas and oil together. It also had a gascock or whatever you call it. When the car was turned of you had to reach back near the back window turn it of and when you were starting the car you had to turn it back on. If you forgot to turn it on it would start but the motor shut down after a few yards because no gas would go to the engine.

Quote:
LOL... we had one of those when I was little. My mother would place my little sister's crib mattress in the back seat for us kids to sit/lie on during the 4-5 hour drive to either set of grandparents' houses. I still can't believe it fit, and all 5 of us rode like that with no problem.

Quote:
LOL... we had one of those when I was little. My mother would place my little sister's crib mattress in the back seat for us kids to sit/lie on during the 4-5 hour drive to either set of grandparents' houses. I still can't believe it fit, and all 5 of us rode like that with no problem.

Just so y'all know... Her first car was a 1970-sumpin' Nova...She named it LEAPING LENA. It got her a couple of citations. It was blue. It was fast enough for trouble and it was blue. Did I mention that it was blue?

Quote:

Just so y'all know... Her first car was a 1970-sumpin' Nova...She named it LEAPING LENA. It got her a couple of citations. It was blue. It was fast enough for trouble and it was blue. Did I mention that it was blue?

no you didnt. Was it a blue car??

1976 Chev Nova... AKA Leaping Lena

But I learned how to drive a "stick" on a 1970 Ford Bronco with "3 on the tree." It took me all 100 miles oneway to figure it out while driving to Atlanta to pick up sod. Thank goodness the transmission held and the drive back was a blast. Would you believe the Bronco is still around? It's kept down on the farm and has green shag carpet ALL in the interior just like it did that day way back when.

Quote:

no you didnt. Was it a blue car??

OK.... y'all quit making fun of my first mechanical disaster!
th.gif

Back
Top Bottom