What weird thing does your DH or DW or Kids do that just seem ODD?!

Quote:
HA! Thought of one... hopscotch... at least every other hop is even.
tongue.png

Unless of course Dad's gotten ahold of the chalk and has put runes or sanskrit in the squares instead of numbers....

Gotta admit that comes in handy for Halloween... give him the chalk and turn him loose on the driveway... very cool.

Well...what part of: my sister wears her pyjamas 24/7, even after showering, does her homework during lunchtime at school, kisses feral pigeons, and laughs when the hero of the story's one true love dies, doesn't sound weird?!
roll.png
ep.gif

I think we all have our quirks that would make people a bit confused.
tongue.png

I am, at almost twenty-three years old, an ultimate Pokémon fan. Not normal levels of fan, like...crazy levels of fan. As in, I have several hundred Pokémon plush in my room and I don't even want to know how many figures. I have one of the largest collections on the community I frequent, with around 3000 people in that community (some of which have held world records for their collections). If I had more current pictures I would share, but my most current pictures are from July and I've gotten so much more since then that it would drive my collector self mad to post such old pictures!
lol.png
Maybe once I get my next large package from Japan in a couple of days I'll post some. It's my other money-eating hobby besides poultry. I don't expect everyone to understand, but I will say I LOVE my collection and collecting hobby and aside from poultry there's nothing else I'd rather spend my money on!

I also tend to assign random animals of mine a special status and refer to them by nickname in conversations meaninglessly, almost always in places where it has nothing to do with the topic at hand and makes no sense whatsoever. My friends and family are used to it and just continue the conversation as if I never said anything, to anyone else it just seems completely bizarre. Examples include, "But that's not like The Salula!" or "But what do you think about Feezents?" (pheasants) or sudden dramatic declarations of weird pet nicknames... "Oh nooo, Schnauzlarpalus!" I wish I could explain this properly, it's seriously goofy, though. I don't even know, I do it without thinking really or just to fill dead air sometimes if I have nothing to say. I'm just an oddball all around I guess.
lol.png
That is hardly the limit of my oddities, but I don't want to blather on and on...

My nineteen-year-old brother is really into fingerboarding. I still insist this is at least a little weird, even with all of my quirks.
roll.png
If he's bored somewhere, he just whips out the tiny skateboard and starts doing tricks on it with his hands and using whatever is around as props. He watches videos of other fingerboarders on Youtube all the time and talks about going to Germany to watch the tournaments.

I may have to start taking notes on all of your quirks for my novel characters!

I have a THING about kitchen stuff... I've got SO many kitchen widgets... guess it makes me easy to shop for but it also means my cabinets and drawers are a labyrinth... but DH and kids know to just ask me where something is, and because 'it's not chaos to me" I know just where to tell them to look. And I'm a sucker when it comes to my family... SO much hurt and yet I can't not answer the phone... which DH and kids then have to deal with a mopey mama... and I am a packrat... but so is DH... which actually just kinda makes it worse, but better too...

Yes but you don't have a Turnip Twaddler.. so your collection isn't complete.
lol.png

I just thought of something else we do that is ODD...
We look at stuff, or as we walk by something- we make game references from our "Stargate" like game and space game and super hero game.
Some futuristic car or weapon, or something that is being tested and may be out on the market in a decade.. "Wow, that is SOOO Fringeworthy (the stargate like game).
Or Wow I could use that in the super hero game.. or " I have my new (insert object here) for (game reference here)..."
CONSTANTLY!!!

Okay...
Chicken crossings...
I want to cross a cochin fizzle bantam to the polish bantam so I can get a frizzle bantam with the top hat and feathering on the feet!!
LOL​

Back
Top Bottom