what weird thing have you done with your chickens?

bubblesegg

In the Brooder
9 Years
Mar 22, 2010
Caifornia
One thing i have done was put underwear on my chicken and carry it around the house:weee , put a dog harness on one and walked it around my neighborhood, and the most wierdest thing was
hugs.gif
i had a chicken play date with my friends chickens and then later spend the night.
D.gif
D.gif

Lol, the extent of my weirdness was bathing hens,putting cream on injuries or prolapses,and letting them stay in the house....in a cage!
Oh wait I got one! I bought some baby cloths at the thift for 40 cents or less and cut to fit so one hen could not peck her open sores!
Here is one before I went out shopping...
38921_034.jpg

Yeah letting them stay in the house in a cage when they are sick is about the weirdest thing I have done with grown birds, I have had the ride on my back and fall asleep on my lap though lol. I have taken some of my chicks camping before (it was so much fun) and I have fallen asleep with them fast asleep in my hair, not to mention numerous other fun things. Oh I did have a very tame hen once that would lay eggs right in my lap… it was so weird lol but also very cool, I felt so honored that she allowed me to be apart of such a private matter!

My 20 yo ds and his buddy took it upon themselves one morning to gel up the silkie's head so "it could see better". They couldn't stop laughing. It held for 2-3 days though.

Last edited:
You have to come up with something better than this, guys.
None of these posts are weird, because they have ALL happened at my house already.
And this is everyday stuff. I thought there was gonna be some really strange stuff here...
tongue.png

Happy Thanksgiving!

Hyptnotized them
big_smile.png

Lol
Hmmm. I kiss them daily, I talk to them, I pretend they're talking back and giving me advice, I do plays with them, I used to carry them on my head, and sometimes comb the fluff by their butt
hide.gif

I put a little cowboy hat on my one rooster who has a floppy comb, tried to see if that would help, but it didn't and I wasn't able to get any pictures...
sad.png

It sure was funny though!

Done the Hypnotize thing with them to amuse the Kids and myself. The only other thing might be during mulberry season, a couple hens learn to take mulberries out of my hand and slowly holding the mulberry higher and higher to get them to jump for the treat. Yeah, I know, cheap amusement.

In the summertime, when my silkies were younger, I would use them to wipe off the sweat on my face. I figured they were fuzzy like a towel so it was okay..
hide.gif

Back
Top Bottom