What will a processed Barred Rock look like?

It will look like a rubber chicken. Thin compared to grocery store birds. The skin is yellowish and the black feathers will be more apparent. Search on this site for pictures. I didn't take any.

Taste will be awesome. If you raised it yourself and cooked it yourself, it will be a proud moment. How old? How will you cook?

The back row of birds are BR roosters. The best Picture I have at the moment, you can see some black pin feather spots.
Butchered chickens.jpg

I guess what I meant is that I've been on here that if there is black feathers there will be a black pin points or something like that I'm not really sure what it was that I heard

It's gonna depend on when you butcher them. Some times there are a lot of pinfeathers, sometimes fewer. Yes, you'll be able to see the black pinfeathers, and you'll want to remove them. Personally, I rather enjoy that they're so visible, as the idea of cooking with them in kinda creeps me out.

Not sure what a pinfeather is honestly. Lol but I'll find out hopefully next year :)
It's gonna depend on when you butcher them. Some times there are a lot of pinfeathers, sometimes fewer. Yes, you'll be able to see the black pinfeathers, and you'll want to remove them. Personally, I rather enjoy that they're so visible, as the idea of cooking with them in kinda creeps me out.

Not sure what a pinfeather is honestly. Lol but I'll find out hopefully next year :)
Have you ever bought a whole chicken? They're the little quills that are still stuck in the skin, usually there's one or two around the neck area still. They're feathers that have started to grow, but haven't, you know, finished yet. Like when they're molting, you'll see the pinfeathers, looking like little nubs all over them.

Have you ever bought a whole chicken? They're the little quills that are still stuck in the skin, usually there's one or two around the neck area still. They're feathers that have started to grow, but haven't, you know, finished yet. Like when they're molting, you'll see the pinfeathers, looking like little nubs all over them.
Molting? Ah yes. Thank you, i think i know what you are talking about now.

Back
Top Bottom