What will be growing in your garden this year?

conny63malies

Crowing
13 Years
Mar 22, 2008
Annetta Kentucky
I was wondering what will be in everybody elses garden this year. For me its going to be a veryu special year. It is MY garden, we bought the house. In my front yard we will have one of those roll out garden mats from QVC along the drive. In front of my living room window i will have daylilies, gladiolas and mini roses . There also will be a wishing well with Scarlet Flame Carpet Phlox growing out. Not sure where my star magnolia is going and George wants a dwarf buckeye tree.
In the back i will have a drum with strawberries growing out, a raspberry hedge, heritage tomatoes, zuchinni, different peppers, pumpkin, eggplants , okra and maybe stringbeans. And of course the garden center is like TSC ay chick days .. you never know when you go in , what you come out with

big_smile.png
Well I've got "Knock Out" Roses in my front yard, one bush alone has about 35 buds fixing to bloom. I've got Silver Queen Corn, Okra, Zucchini and Yellow Squash, Straight 8 Cucumbers, Red new potatoes, Tomatoes-Celebrity, Healthy, Early Girl, and Grape types, bell peppers, banana peppers, and green beans in my garden right now. Something ate up my jalepeno pepper plants. The leaves all just dropped off, my dad said it probably was grub worms.

I want to buy some of those dwarf hibiscus plants. They are beautiful!

Wish I can let my chickens free-roam, but they'll tear up my garden. It is too big to fence it up.

Banana peppers, cherry tomatoes, peppermint, eggplant, watermelon

I also have: mammoth sunflowers, impatiens, petunias, marigolds, a few begonias, cleome, snapdragon, and lavender

oh and wildflower mix
ive been busy:woot

I've got roses, hollyhocks, primula, and sunflowers, plus there will be a little bed of wildflowers down by the sidewak for the kids to pick.

Also, bush cherries, raspberries, blackberries, blueberries, strawberries, apples (not til next year though), asparagus, brocolli, cabbage, brussels sprouts, carrots, radishes, beets, tomatoes, shell peas, sugar snap peas, pole beans, spinach, lettuce, mesclun, squash, canteloupe, watermelon, cucumbers... I think that's it.

I'm having the devil of a time with my peas! Something keeps eating the seedlings. I think it's the little brown birds.

Our garden consists of: corn, tomatoes, green beans, lima beans, green pepper, hungarian wax peppers, broccoli, cauliflower, cabbage , zuchini and cucumber. In a separate garden: watermelon, cantelope and pumpkins, and in another: strawberries. and in yet another: spinach, lettuce, radish, and green onions . We also have a small red raspberry patch, lots of wild blackberries, and an orchard that has apple, peach, cherry, plum and pear trees. we also just planted some nut trees: chestnut, english walnut, and almond. I think thats it! OH, I forgot about the grape vines.

Last edited:
We have a farm and have always planted acres of peas, sunflowers and corn--first for us and anyone who wants/needs it, then for the wildlife that live on our farm but sometimes the deer NEED it first (
roll.png
)! This yr. I will be planting a small garden with trial var. of different things. In my yard I have lots of herbs, daylilies, roses, iris..Right now, I have a yard full of wild violets. The vineyard and orchard should have: muscadines, grapes, apples, pears, peaches, plums, blkberries, dewberries, fig, persimmon and lots of blueberries.. The cherries have never done a thing but they are pretty. This is all subject to rainfall, temp., and/or seed and gas cost, time and energy reserves!!!
big_smile.png
lau.gif
lau.gif

Well then I love this question!

I bought a pressure canner last week so I will be canning away.

We grow peas, tomatoes, green beans, yellow squash, too many peppers (green, hot, banana), cucumbers, carrots, swiss card, cabbage, lettuce (3 kinds), asparagus, strawberries, raspberries, black raspberries, apples, cherries, pears, peaches, rhubarb. If I can get it in soon, spinach & brocolli.

One thing I won't grow is sweet corn. here on the tundra it blew over 3 yrs in a row!
th.gif

Ate the first of this season's asparagus spears out of my garden Sunday. The strawberries are blooming, so I'll have those soon, too. In with both I planted borage.

The next bed has peas, broccoli, spinach, radishes, and red leaf lettuce in various stages of development. Also some calendula to help keep beetles away. (lisajean, I tied the lids from tin cans to fishing line and dangled it from the pea plant supports. So far that's kept the birds out of my peas.)

The next bed has catnip, rosemary, oregano, sage, carrots, scarlet pimpernel & some garlic. The basil will go out there when the time is right.

The next bed has saffron bulbs, green leaf lettuce & more spinach, so far. Plus some calendula. Later my beans will go in there, too.

The last bed is full of onions, garlic, and chives. Later, the tomatoes will go in there. Just Romas and paste, since we don't like fresh tomatoes at my house. But we're gonna make a BUNCH of s'ghetti sauce this year!!

Planted so far: snap peas, cabbage, onions

To plant once the dogwoods bloom: tomatoes, silver queen corn, beans, cukes, squash, zuchinni, okra, may be more once I think of it

May: watermelon, cantaloupe, pumpkin

Back
Top Bottom