what will i get from white ee roo????

what was i thinking

Songster
11 Years
Oct 1, 2008
cny ny
if you have a ee roo will all offspring be ee? if he is white with green leggs...pic to follow.. is there anyway to put him with something special to get special colored eggs. i was told they are no good to have around because everyone will lay green eggs????? this is a pic from a few months ago. he has came "of age" since then. he goes none stop. so i would like to get rid of him, if he does no good for me.
16501_white_baby.jpg

Quote:
An EE roo mixed with other breeds will produce mixed (mutt) chicks, and yes, most of those chicks will probably lay olive colored eggs. It's possible you could get some chicks that lay brown eggs, though.

Olive eggs ARE green.
hu.gif
Anyway, I am certainly no expert but I would assume you would have a FAR less chance of seeing green tinted eggs with him mating a Marans but that is just a guess. Green eggs taste just like other eggs though and are soooooooo pretty!!! All the EE's I have had so far lay an olive colored egg and I just love them.

What exactly are you wanting him to do when you say if he does no good for you? I mean, he will help you get fertile eggs to hatch which, unless you have pure breeds won't be pure breeds, so I am confused as to why his being an EE (an the egg color of his offspring) makes a difference? He will be just as fertile any other roo.

no, i have roos to make different things. i don't need roos that i don't want offspring from. i have ee hens. i don't know if i want more.
i realize that olive is green. thanks. but there is a another thread about making OLIVE eggs. that would be different from my green eggs now. but just to have a roo to have a roo, that i would keep in a cage because i don't want him with any of my hens, would be wrong. so i was asking so i could rehome him where he would be much happier. i can't afford to have roos to have roos. i feel keeping them in a cage is WRONG, when all the others are running around free.

Quote:
Ive had a white Amercuana Bantam roo crossed with my blue and black Amercuana banty girls and he throw out anything like blacks, blues of all shades but no white ones ever popped up. All of them laid blue greenish shade eggs. These birds were from breeder lines, not hatchery bred.

Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom