What will I get?

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by KDailey, Sep 30, 2011.

1. KDailey

KDailey Crazy Cochin Lady

Jun 27, 2011
    Bronson, Tx
    Ok so I've got several different colors of Cochin chicks and I'd like to know what some of the possibilities are that I might get if I hatch any eggs from them.

Bantams: I'm not sure on the sexes on some of these so I'm just gonna give you the colors and just assume there are at least one pullet and one cockeral from each color for the time being.
    -black
    -barred
    -white
    -blue
    -buff
    -mottled
    -splash (rooster and 3 pullets)
    -mille fleur (not correct patterns so I'll get pics up tonight) (rooster and 3 pullets)
    -partridge (?) I'm not totally sure that's what color it is

Standards: I do know the sexes of these guys
    Cockeralls
    -partridge
    -blue (this one didn't make it but I'm planning on buying another)
    Pullets
    -barred
    -black
    -gold laced
    -partridge
    I'd like to get some buff, red and white in the near future so lemme know how these will mix as well

I'll get pictures later tonight if that helps, especially of the off colored mille fleurs.

Here's the funky colored bantams. first two are pullets and the third is a cockeral
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 5, 2011
  2. maybejoey

maybejoey got chickenidous?

You have evry kind of bird I wish I could get that dont already have.[​IMG]
    You could get any mix of those birds. Dont really know much about genetics though.[​IMG]

3. KDailey

Jun 27, 2011
    Bronson, Tx
    That's really what I'm going for. My neighbor has barred, black, silver laced, one silver laced and a mille fleur pair. She's always getting some sort of black chick. She rarely gets any mille fleur at all.

I really want a surprise if/when I hatch, even if they're not "correct" color patterns. My neighbor is getting really bored with her hatches because everything is black, black and more black. I've got a cockerall for her that is mille fleur (incorrect pattern but still not black) so maybe she'll get something different.

So anybody have ideas about what I can get?

4. KDailey

Jun 27, 2011
    Bronson, Tx
    Adding pictures of some of the "funky" colored bantams

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by