What WON'T your chickens eat?

Pics
mine won't eat sunflower seeds. Period. I had grown some and thought it would be the perfect cheap treat. They expected me to shell them. I love you girls but I'm not shelling hundreds of sunflower seeds. Mine are picky. They will eat some of the apple peels I give them, but not too many. Grapes aren't taken too well either.

First time posting and I'm so happy it's this topic!
My 4 hens hate peppers and pumpkin. Their all time favorite treat is sunflower seeds and cucumber. When I go to collect eggs I ALWAYS bring a handful of sunflower seeds to say thank you to the lovely ladies.

mine won't eat sunflower seeds. Period. I had grown some and thought it would be the perfect cheap treat. They expected me to shell them. I love you girls but I'm not shelling hundreds of sunflower seeds. Mine are picky. They will eat some of the apple peels I give them, but not too many. Grapes aren't taken too well either.
Ohh that’s promising if you want to do a grape vine near your chicken coop! I want to try it but mine would probably love the grapes!

Mine don't like strawberries and mushrooms, and apples are only good if there's NOTHING else left. Pineapple is gross, raspberries are boring but adequate if I've nothing else, and blackberries aren't much better.

They go absolutely bonkers for grapes, though. Any grape. ALL grapes. They frequently test my fingertips (my nails are usually painted pretty bright colors) for possible grapitude. (You never know what might be a grape and you should always check.

Back
Top Bottom