What works best???? Please answer.

ButtersMama

Songster
11 Years
Feb 28, 2011
Hey everyone. I'm having my first experience with molting and pecking. My chicken had a sore and today a new sore from my leghorn.

I have BLUEKOTE, but I'd like to know if TAR works better.

Thanks for any input.

Last edited:
As an antiseptic, bluekote works best. If they are pecking each other honestly the best thing is pinless peepers (google search them). The topical stuff has never stopped harassment or feather picking for me.

OMG Bravo
I just laughed so hard.
I called my husband while he was at TSC and asked him to ask the girls that worked there if they had pinless peepers.
He told me they flashed him......hahaha. too funny. He's so silly...jk of course.
No, they don't have them but I will buy them and try them. I found a source online.
For right now I"m keeping my chicken isolated. I feel so bad for her. I am tempted to give the one pecker away.
sad.png
don't like that either.
Thanks.

Quote:
Same here... I did isolate the one hen who had sense enough to hide in the nesting box. The other 2 were not so lucky... I found them to late... Blu-kote seemed to make them peck worse... The ring leader that turned blood sucker was also isolated, both stayed out of the flock for almost 2 weeks... I tried the devil after 2 days and she started right back pecking the tail feathers... So far so good, they have both been back with their friends for 7days now... I too will be getting pinless peepers and using them because I don't want to find anymore of my girls laying dead from one trouble maker... I know they all chimed in but she was the ring leader... Good luck to you and I can offer the same advise that I was given... Observe, observe, observe and when you find the culprit either separate of give another home...

Quote:
LOL!
lau.gif
Love his sense of humor!

Isolation for the pecked girl and bon voyage to the pecker!
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom