What wormer???

MommaOrp

Chirping
8 Years
Jun 6, 2011
Derbyshire, England
Ive never wormed before and was wondering what wormer is available here in the u.k without a vet prescription and relativley cheap? Also i have around 30 Orpingtons, 4 medium breed ducks and 4 embden geese, i was looking for a multi bird wormer and something i could get in a decent quantity to treat them all. Ive been told by a good friend to use Ivermectin drops 1% but unsure of dosage and the bottle comes in 10mls for £25 so unsure whether this would be enough?? I'd very much like to worm them as a couple of Orps are looking pasty faced and thin, i would like to nip it in the bud now. I plan on using Diatomaceous earth in the baths and coop also maybe in the food along side the wormer, would this be ok or too much? Also dosage on DE for feed would be appreciated. Hope you guys can clear up my confused mind, Im very unsure which way to go with this and would like to get it as close too right as poss (i know you will all achieve this for me!!) thanks in anticipation!
big_smile.png

I don't know if its available at the store in the UK but you can try looking for Wazine. Its a wormer that is available here in the US.

ok sorry i'd heard it could help with worms, not to worry. i'd have to get the flubenvet prescribed, this is what i'm trying to avoid due to the cost. Ivermectin is cheaper and i don't need a prescription but is this an effective wormer? i'd also been told it can help with lice and mite so thought it was a good all round product but seen as i've had no experience with it i just wanted outside opinions!

Quote:
The ivermectin pour on (blue in color and smells like alcohol) is more effective than the ivomec injectable in chickens. About 3-5 drops of the ivermectin pour on are put on bare skin on the back of the chickens neck. It's quickly absorbed into the bloodstream. It kills most worms but not tapeworms. It will kill mites also. Lice dont suck blood, it is ineffective against lice. You can use poultry dust for lice. There is 14 day withdrawal period. Repeat dosing in 10-14 days to kill larva hatched from eggs since the initial dosing. There's an additional 14 days withdrawal period after the second dosing.

Quote:
The ivermectin pour on (blue in color and smells like alcohol) is more effective than the ivomec injectable in chickens. About 3-5 drops of the ivermectin pour on are put on bare skin on the back of the chickens neck. It's quickly absorbed into the bloodstream. It kills most worms but not tapeworms. It will kill mites also. Lice dont suck blood, it is ineffective against lice. You can use poultry dust for lice. There is 14 day withdrawal period. Repeat dosing in 10-14 days to kill larva hatched from eggs since the initial dosing. There's an additional 14 days withdrawal period after the second dosing.

So what kills tapeworms?

Quote:

So what kills tapeworms?

Valbazen.

Back
Top Bottom