What would a Buff Orpington x Delaware look like?

That’s true but even still, they wouldn’t grow THAT fast would they? I had one before but I don’t really remember. I do know she ate a lot though and was quite big. But idk how fast she grew.
I got mine already grown so I didn't get the chance to see them as chicks & watch them grow. A man got rid of 9 chickens, 3 Delawares, 1 Polish, 2 Marans & 3 Red Stars because he said several of them were eating their own eggs, he wasn't sure exactly who. I took them, cleaned them up, got rid of their mites & set them up with plenty of nutritional food & fresh water. They did peck & eat eggs the 1st few days. I saw telltale signs of yellow egg yolk on a few faces, but after a week they calmed down, adjusted & began to check out the many food sources offered, enjoy their new home, dustbath & peck cabbage, preen & snuggle on their night perches, etc. They look so much better than when they 1st arrived, I need to take more recent photos. After 2 weeks there wasn't any more pecking & eating eggs, and they lay just about every single day, which surprised me. 👍 They seem much happier. Yes, they are big birds. They are as large as my Wyandottes & 1 big Brahama mama. ❤️

I got mine already grown so I didn't get the chance to see them as chicks & watch them grow. A man got rid of 9 chickens, 3 Delawares, 1 Polish, 2 Marans & 3 Red Stars because he said several of them were eating their own eggs, he wasn't sure exactly who. I took them, cleaned them up, got rid of their mites & set them up with plenty of nutritional food & fresh water. They did peck & eat eggs the 1st few days. I saw telltale signs of yellow egg yolk on a few faces, but after a week they calmed down, adjusted & began to check out the many food sources offered, enjoy their new home, dustbath & peck cabbage, preen & snuggle on their night perches, etc. They look so much better than when they 1st arrived, I need to take more recent photos. After 2 weeks there wasn't any more pecking & eating eggs, and they lay just about every single day, which surprised me. 👍 They seem much happier. Yes, they are big birds. They are as large as my Wyandottes & 1 big Brahama mama. ❤️
Oh wow that’s amazing!!! They sound much happier now. ❤️ I loved my Delaware. She was a great layer and great personality.

Back
Top Bottom