1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

What would they look like...

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by chickbea, Mar 21, 2007.

1. chickbea

chickbea Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 18, 2007
    Vermont
    When I picked up the fertilized Australorp eggs that I stuck under old Dorothy last December, the guy mentioned that his Buff Orpington roo had snuck into the Australorp's harem and I may get a surprise. I didn't care, because I don't mind Orpies. Now that they are growing, it is obvious that two of them are not pure Australorps. Has anyone ever crossed an Australorp with a buff Orpie? What do they look like grown up?
    So far the pullets are mostly black, but not iridescent like a 'lorp, and their legs haven't gone all to black. They have a bit of yellow around the beaks, and their beaks are yellow and black. Their breast feathers have a frosting of white. I want to fast-forward them to see what they will look like!

2. Llysse

Llysse Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 11, 2007
    They sound so pretty! [​IMG] Can you post pictures?

3. chickbea

chickbea Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 18, 2007
    Vermont
    I am the most technically inept human being that ever was, but I will try to get someone to help me!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by