What would you ask/pay for these pullets?

chickenmomma16

Crowing
11 Years
Jul 16, 2012
Buckley, Washington
Asking for money is my least favorite part about breeding chickens. But subtraction in my flock numbers is always a good thing. But I always try to be fair and not ask for their soul in exchange for chickens! But I don’t want to sell myself short either. Ugh! The struggle!
Here is what I have:
I have 2 PET quality Wheaten Ameraucana pullets. They are 8 weeks, off heat, and in with the big chickens doing well. They are pet quality due to some coloring issues. They are physically nice girls. Just off color. They will still lay pretty blue eggs. So what would you ask for them or what would you pay? I already have someone interested. I’m just not sure what to ask for them.

Pictures do them no justice. They are much cuter in person! And they are just coming out of their ugly stage.

E4E595BA-9B09-409B-8FD5-5B685AD56445.jpeg
E44627C9-5EC3-4163-A10D-B26EE58DCD39.jpeg
93B2802D-5E1B-4DDE-87EE-96A54406CDFB.jpeg

I don't know anything about that bread. But I paid $3.00 per BO chick at feeders supply almost 8 weeks ago. There were seven 8 week old chicks left. The deal was all seven had to go together. I read frequently on here about people interested in those breeds that lay the blue or green eggs. Seems like they're a little rare. So maybe you should charge at least $20.00 per chick? I paid $40.00 two years ago for a chocolate orpington 12 week old pullet and cockerel.

They will still lay pretty blue eggs. So what would you ask for them or what would you pay? I already have someone interested. I’m just not sure what to ask for them.
How much do you want for them?
Make your feed money back...or more?
It really depends on your local market, I assume you will not ship.
The best price is the one both the buyer and seller are happy with.
Maybe $15-30.
Start high, you can always come down on price, hard to go up.

Sell them cheap and you can start a business. Sell them at $10 a pop plus the value of feed and extras (electrolytes, antibiotics, whatever is used) and charge shipping and handling (Packaging, etc.). I recommend a contract agreement stating if they die during shipping, its not your fault. Sounds awful but when people do lose one, you can negotiate if you wish. That way you can breed them, stay possibly competitive and make a decent amount for them. $25-40 is something I'd scroll right by. I like variety and rarity but I'm not paying $40 for potential Eagle/Fox bait. My 2 cents.

Asking for money is my least favorite part about breeding chickens. But subtraction in my flock numbers is always a good thing. But I always try to be fair and not ask for their soul in exchange for chickens! But I don’t want to sell myself short either. Ugh! The struggle!
Here is what I have:
I have 2 PET quality Wheaten Ameraucana pullets. They are 8 weeks, off heat, and in with the big chickens doing well. They are pet quality due to some coloring issues. They are physically nice girls. Just off color. They will still lay pretty blue eggs. So what would you ask for them or what would you pay? I already have someone interested. I’m just not sure what to ask for them.

Pictures do them no justice. They are much cuter in person! And they are just coming out of their ugly stage.

View attachment 2239368View attachment 2239373View attachment 2239378
Well, if you can ship them, I'll pay $25 plus shipping! (Depending on how much shipping is...

Back
Top Bottom