what would you call this?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Dar, Dec 17, 2008.

1. Dar

Dar Overrun With Chickens

Jul 31, 2008
    OK so I woke up way to early the other morning and decided to make the kids a hot breakfast..
    so i went looking through the fridge and the freezer and this is what i came up with..

I had left over ham from the other nights dinner so i cubed it
    I had about 1 cup of broccoli (frozen) not enough for the family so i threw that in there
    chopped up an onion
    i had some of the frozen hash browns that are cut into small cubes so i threw that in there too.
    the brick of cheese was almost gone so i shredded that up and tossed it in there too

so now i have all this stuff in a bowl i have a ton of eggs so i took about 8 eggs and scrambled them and tossed them in too..mixed it all up and transferred it to a baking dish and baked it at 350 for abt 60 - 90 min (i forgot about it and started doing other things)

so when i remembered it i took it out of the oven and it smelled soooo good..the kids woke up and loved it..asked me to make it again yesterday..

so this morning i woke at 430 again ( i dont know why sometimes i done sleep that long, i can go all day on 4 hrs sleep).

I only had a bit of ham left so i threw in the ham and some chicken breast from last night..

I dont throw out anything unless it is bad..if i make bacon on the weekend and there is some left i will throw it into a baggie and freeze it and make bacon bits with it later, i do the same with fruit too, if it is getting soft i will freeze it and make milkshakes or smoothies with it at a later date..

so have you got any ideas on what to name this?..The kids called it the leftover breakfast this morning (they caught on that i used leftovers to make it)

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 17, 2008
  2. DTchickens

DTchickens Overrun With Chickens

Mar 23, 2008
    Bailey, Mississippi.
    kind of sounds like a omlett... with extra stuff added in

3. Dar

Dar Overrun With Chickens

Jul 31, 2008
    yeah its like a cross between an omlet and a quiche but cause of all the goodies in there you cant taste the eggs in there it does not have the egg texture

4. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    Fritata.

5. Gazinga

Gazinga Chook Norris

:bunHakuna Fritata!

6. setter4

setter4 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2008
    Central Pennsylvania
    Quote:In our area we call that "A mess" most small diners have it. It's yummy. [​IMG]

7. English Chick

English Chick English Mum

Jun 27, 2008
    Cheshire UK
    You invented it...so why not call it MJ's breakfast Special.....

8. PotterWatch

PotterWatch My Patronus is a Chicken

Apr 22, 2008
    Virginia
    Sounds like a fritata to me.

9. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    fritata or strata

I keep going back and forth. Breakfast casseroles come in many flavors!

10. conny63malies

conny63malies Overrun With Chickens

Mar 22, 2008
    Annetta Kentucky
    A breakfast garbage plate.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by