What Would You Do (Ebay)?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by rodriguezpoultry, Nov 18, 2011.

1. rodriguezpoultry

rodriguezpoultry Langshan Lover

Jan 4, 2009
    Claremore, OK
    I won some used cookie cutters off of ebay. It said they were a "great item" and were nearby where I lived, I knew it wouldn't take long to receive them.

I just got them in the mail and SEVERAL of them are rusted through, have "gunk" inbetween spaces...Just gross. Still, it would have cost me more to buy brand new from the store.

Should i post a completely positive or leave the item description as something to be desired.

I just thought that cooking utensils would be kept in a cleaner fashion.

2. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    Did it give description that it is rusted or "fairly new"? Or said to be "used" or "well worn"?

If so, they lied to you. Get a hold of the sellers and let them know you didn't get what you want or expected. If they refuse to make amends, report it to Ebay.

3. thekid

thekid Chillin' With My Peeps

I wouldnt put it for positive, i would put it so negative that the negative scale would brake

4. ChickiKat

ChickiKat Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2011
    Eastern Kansas
    Sorry you got a bad deal. I would def contact the seller and express your disappointment. And if they cannot fix the problem, I would leave negative feedback.

5. deerman

deerman Rest in Peace 1949-2012

Aug 24, 2008
    Southern Ohio
    Quote:[​IMG]

6. rodriguezpoultry

rodriguezpoultry Langshan Lover

Jan 4, 2009
    Claremore, OK
    These are are really nice selection of Christmas Cookie Cutters that I found at an estate auction in Central PA. There are 23 cookie cutters from large to smalL. Really nice selction for your Christmas cookie needs.

Thanks for shopping with ******* and check out some of my other Christmas Auction Finds. Check out my other items!

I ship Priority Mail, Package very well and use a shipping calculator. I will also combine shipping if possible, just ask.

To me, that means the cookie cutters were ready to be used...not, well, gross ya know? Maybe I'm missing something in the quote?​

Last edited: Nov 18, 2011
  7. tnchickenut

tnchickenut It's all about the Dels!

Jan 24, 2010
    Englewood, TN
    write the seller before leaving any feedback... you have 90 days to leave fb

They may refund you partial or full amount if they are decent and then you should leave pos. after that because they resolved the problem. If they don't, then leave negative because "item not as described" (in which case you can get $$ back through ebay) and add that you gave seller chance to make right before leaving neg. feedback

8. thebigmisk

thebigmisk Out Of The Brooder

Nov 19, 2011
    Quote:2nd that

9. un-named

un-named Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 15, 2010
    Quote:X2

10. fuzziebutt

fuzziebutt Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 9, 2009
    Winfield
    Fix the problem? What is the problem? You said you got them cheaper than if you went and bought them, and nowhere in the ad does it say that they are clean and ready to use. Buyer beware. BUT, I bought a nice pair of pants, and when I got them, they didn't have buttons on the fly. I thought "well, never said that"! When I left feedback, I left positive, and thanked her for the $20 bill in the pocket. When she contacted my privatly, I told her that there was no money in the pocket, but wanted to get her attention for selling me a pair of pants with no buttons. I told her it was either that, or give her bad feedback. She thanked me!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by