What Would You Do (Ebay)?

I take "nice selection" to mean there are quite a few of them and they are all different. I don't find anything about the condition, which for me would have been a red flag. I think the listing is poorly worded to leave an impression that wasn't neccessarily true.

If the item is'nt as discribed then they fibed, they knew. If it is broken then it was broken in transit and you contact the seller. When ever that has happened to me the seller has refunded the money and I give positive feed back. I purchased a quilt as a vintage quilt. Pictures were nice but only half of the quilt. Well half was vintage the other half was new and horrid. Did they know? Should they have a second chance????? Honest is honest, you are or you are not. Cookie cutters are ment to be used and not dirty and rusted. Honest is honest. Too many are given a second chance when they KNEW in the beginning they were wrong! Lets stop dumbing it down people.

Quote:
I agree with your point which is why I said "item not as described" because if they were (as the OP said it) gross, then they aren't "nice" and "ready for the holidays" or however the ad read.

According to ebay's rules you are to describe the item fully... so in this case it SHOULD have had something like "used, not new condition, moderate rust" and even so far as "we will not clean item" THAT would have covered their rear because as it is... ebay would refund the OP a full refund if they get envolved.

"Estate Sale" was the key phrase there. I've been to a bunch of estate sales, and typically kitchen items are well used. Many times the items have been stored a long time - maybe in a basement or a barn. Not always - but usually. And people have different ideas of what is gross and what is not. I don't think it is dumbing it down to give the seller the benefit of the doubt. Send the seller an email and let him/her know that you are not happy that several were either rusted or dirty. See what kind of response you get.

I bet the seller will respond and try to make you happy -- they are really careful to preserve their feedback
wink.png

Were there pictures of the cookie cutters in the listing?

If they claimed great shape... I would contact them and let them know you'll be filing with paypal for your money back, item is NOT as described. If they will refund you in full for a return go that route... if not, file with paypal for a refund.

Obviously, they were not as you saw them in the listing, and they were not as you hoped to receive them. I've been taken before and quite disappointed, and I don't take it from people who fib in listings anymore. I work very hard to be honest on what I sell and everyone who uses these services should as well.

Back
Top Bottom