What would you do if you didn't have chickens?

Bandit

Songster
10 Years
Sep 16, 2009
Utah
I thought this was the subject line for another post but it turned out to be, "if you didn't have any chick starter". But I thought it would be fun to see what you all would do if you didn't have any chickens?

If I didn't have any chickens, I could sleep in on weekends instead of getting up to let the girls out and feed them.
I could stay out later at night without worrying about locking the girls in so no predators got them.
No one would think I was a crazy chicken lady.
But...
I couldn't laugh at them when one gets a particularly juicy worm and runs around like crazy with the others after her.
No one would keep down the grasshoppers.
I couldn't watch chicken or chick TV.
I couldn't sit them all in a row along with the golden retriever and give each of them a treat. Including the golden retriever.
I would have to buy and eat those gross pale yellow eggs from the store.
Life would be sadder.

If I didn't have chickens, I wouldn't have all these friends on BYC!
love.gif

Playing the "what if" game? Ok. If I didn't get chicks last spring...
...I could still be in bed, in pain, and depressed.
...I could be in the looney bin.
...I would be a very boring person
...I wouldn't know all this fascinating stuff and fascinating people on byc
...I would be up to my eyeballs in bugs
...I would be eating poor excuses for eggs
...I would only have the cat to talk to - from a distance if the allergist had his way

wee.gif
but I did it! I got chickens! Yay! They just might have saved my life!
getting up all the time to see after the fuzzy butts kept my joints moving enough. It's been a year and I've gotten so much better. Because I had to take care of the birds, I had to take better care of myself. Pushing the doctors to figure it out.

There will be no "not have chickens" anymore.

I would be eating disgusting stale store bought eggs and my recipies would still come out bad because organic free range fresh eggs cost too darn much.

Hmmm, if I didn't have chickens......

My house would be cleaner. (but what fun is that?)
I'd have to find something else to think of 24/7. (sad, huh?)
I would have to buy fertilizer for my garden.
tongue.gif
And pest spray for my garden.
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
tongue.gif

I'd probably have more time to do other "projects", rather than building another chicken coop. (cuz you know, a coop that holds 15 is just not enough)

But there's nothing better than sitting in my lounge chair on a nice, sunny day watching my chickens free range.
love.gif
And the antics are hilarious! So, I'll keep my chickens.

If I didn't have chickens, I wouldn't have to go outside in the blizzard and open their door and give them fresh food and water. But I wouldn't have collected all those yummy eggs today either.

Back
Top Bottom