what would you have done?

You did exactly the right thing!!! Your job as a part of your nephew's family is to help him become the best person he can be and he can't do that in that environment! If he's mad at you SO WHAT? He'll appreciate it later or he won't. That's not your problem.
But if no one tells the Mom anything because they're afraid someone will be mad or not like them then we have no chance to help our kids become someone they can be proud of! I tell my kids all the time "I'm not here to be your buddy, I'm here to make the tough decisions that you don't have the experience and knowledge to make alone. I love you enough to still do the right thing even if it means you are mad at me. I can live with you being mad at me, I can't live knowing I was afraid to do what I knew was right!"
Hang in there, don't judge your nephew but continue to let him know you will always be there to try and protect him BECAUSE you love him!

You absolutely did the right thing. the boy will get over it and if not you know in your heart you tried and you may have in some way saved his life. making the mother aware was by far the first thing that should of been done. kids will brain wash you in a second -- trust i have a 17 year old step daughter who has learned from the best of the manipulators.
hugs.gif

He is talking to me today and even joking around... and helping me when I ask him too...
I think he is more mad at his mom than me because she won't let him go over there anymore..

thank you all for you advice and support on this issue..it has been going on for awhile and i needed someone that is not in the middle of this to talk to. again thanks

Back
Top Bottom