WHAT YA GOT SWAP Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm up on the swap!
smile.png

Hi Happyhens120. Welcome back.

Hi guys! I've missed being on BYC and chatting/swapping with you all. These darn adult responsibilities really bog my computer time down! lol!
rant.gif

Have a quick question... anyone ever have a chicken with frostbite on their comb? My big, dumb, horny rooster stayed outside the young hens coop one night, and now his comb has frostbite and is starting to turn black!
sickbyc.gif
Is there anything I can do for him? Will it just fall off or grow back like a crab?
hu.gif
This is my first winter with the chickens, so I'm still learning.

Thanks!

Hi guys! I've missed being on BYC and chatting/swapping with you all. These darn adult responsibilities really bog my computer time down! lol!
rant.gif

Have a quick question... anyone ever have a chicken with frostbite on their comb? My big, dumb, horny rooster stayed outside the young hens coop one night, and now his comb has frostbite and is starting to turn black!
sickbyc.gif
Is there anything I can do for him? Will it just fall off or grow back like a crab?
hu.gif
This is my first winter with the chickens, so I'm still learning.

Thanks!

Hi, so nice to see you again!!
frow.gif
No frostbite will not grow back, once the dead black areas fall off what's left is how his comb will look permanently.
sad.png
To help prevent frostbite people will glob combs up with vasoline.
wink.png

Silkymom - yeah on the saved baby! I have a black copper Marans I saved like that. It is a runt, about 1/2 size of hatch mates. She has the glorious name of Goober
lol.png
due to all the goo on her when hatched. She is definitely one of my favorites and I watch out for her.

Beautiful sunny day here. Much to get done before tomorrow. We start back to Co-Op classes and I'm teaching 2 groups again. Then off to KC for a dinner Friday nite and seminars on Saturday. I need to study up on which fork to use for the formal dinner
gig.gif
this country girl don't get out much.

Emvick - here is an updated picture of your silkies. I think I ended up with a batch that your DH collected?? The dark ones did not get any partridge patterning so should I assume they are just blacks?? The light ones??

Watch Pretty Woman.... LOL.... the older gentleman and Gere help her with the silverware.... One of my favorite movies. (Don't really take this advice, lookitup on Google)

Silkymom - yeah on the saved baby! I have a black copper Marans I saved like that. It is a runt, about 1/2 size of hatch mates. She has the glorious name of Goober
lol.png
due to all the goo on her when hatched. She is definitely one of my favorites and I watch out for her.

Beautiful sunny day here. Much to get done before tomorrow. We start back to Co-Op classes and I'm teaching 2 groups again. Then off to KC for a dinner Friday nite and seminars on Saturday. I need to study up on which fork to use for the formal dinner
gig.gif
this country girl don't get out much.

I had a couple dark ones that started out looking black ended up partridge. The one with the yellow head will turn out a partridge with alot of gold and the other one maybe a splash? It'll be interesting to see what they look like in a couple of months.

Emvick - here is an updated picture of your silkies. I think I ended up with a batch that your DH collected?? The dark ones did not get any partridge patterning so should I assume they are just blacks?? The light ones??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom