WHAT YA GOT SWAP Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

corancher

Crowing
13 Years
Apr 18, 2007
Colorado
A few years ago, we did a swap where we swapped items other than eggs. If I remember correctly eggs were also allowed so it was a good way for members that were starting out with chickens to participate in a swap if they didn't have eggs to swap.

Items offered were things such as home made soaps, fabric, books, home made jellies & jam, plant starts, nuts, home made candies, etc. and of course hatching eggs. It worked just like to egg swaps with one item offered and then claimed and an item offered by the person who claimed.

One of the problems with the swap was that we had a "few" people who got over their heads in offers and then could not afford the postage cost thus they got their items and never sent items promised. To perhaps keep that problem down we could limit the number of swaps allowed per member to a couple per week.

This is just to see if we have any interest in doing another swap like this. Please post if you would like to give it a try and suggestions that could make it work better.

Last edited:
images

I would really love to find some fertile turkey eggs. I have Royal palm in the bator now from chitiqa but am also wanting either blue slate or bourbon reds. If anyone has any they would like to swap, pm me please.

When I moved back to WV to help care for my dad last year it was difficult for him. He suffers from severe Parkinsons Disease and it is very difficult for me to understand him. That is, until I started incubating eggs. Growing up he always had quail and ring neck pheasants going and that was our thing. He can't do it now because of his inability to get around. Everyday he asks how the eggs are. A new spirit has gotten into him and he is excited again. When I told him about the Royal Palms, he said how much he had always wanted to raise Blue slate or Bourban reds. So, that being said, I would LOVE to find some for swapping.

My eggs from Thespoiledchicken arrived in fantastic condition... I would like to recommend to all that you label your boxes like she does....
what postal worker wants honey all over the mail they are delivering.

and they are such a beautiful color blue!!

I have claimed eggs before. None were broken, but only 1 hatched and I always take pictures of the air sacs (if egg color will allow) just a couple. File online, don't bother with the people at the country who don't know anything. You can also file if you are the seller or the buyer. You need a receipt and pictures of the 'damage' which can be floating air sacs or crackage.

I'm still advocating that we should collectively so using the word fragile. It seems to mean nothing. I just got a box that looked a bit squished, but not a lot and 2 eggs were shattered inside. It had fragile written on every available space. I believe that the words 'live embryos' bring more attention because they don't see them everyday and 'live' should mean something to a person.

Don't let them tell you otherwise from above. I've had people tell me that only the shipper could file and she kept being told only the recover could file, so no one did and I lost out on $50 worth of eggs. I filed myself online the next time and got a check in the mail.

Sounds like fun:) Too bad you couldn't give people a rating system like amazon or ebay as then you know if they are liked or not by other people who have delt with them. Then you could see wheither or not they were ok to deal with or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom