1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

What you do with eggs?

Discussion in 'Quail' started by Mibotsu, Nov 14, 2011.

1. Mibotsu

Mibotsu Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2011
    Balbriggan, Ireland
    [​IMG]

I eat them hard boiled egg on sandwiches with mayonnaise and homemade spicy pickle relish

You-?

2. HEChicken

HEChicken Overrun With Chickens

Aug 12, 2009
    BuCo, KS
    My Coop
    Mostly I pickle them. Which reminds me, I need to do another batch to set aside as a Christmas gift for DH. He thinks they are a huge treat.

3. Orange Ribbon

Orange Ribbon Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2011
    Boy that sandwich looks good! Getting my first batch of eggs for hatching my very first eggs this week from Hot2Pot. I'm looking forward to making my own sandwiches.

I've been making some Christmas ornaments from my chicken and duck eggs. I wonder if quail eggs can stand up to being made into ornaments? I bet they would look pretty cool.

4. Mibotsu

Mibotsu Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2011
    Balbriggan, Ireland
    probably not a problem but I would keep a very high calcium diet to make the shells harder.

5. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    I would say probably not actually, the shells are pretty brittle. Of course it doesn't hurt to try though [​IMG]

6. Stellar

Stellar The Quail Lady

Feb 6, 2010
    Tampa Bay
    I hatch them? [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. Whitehouse Quail

Whitehouse Quail Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2009
    Michigan
    Quote:I have blown quail eggs before, it was very successful! I even did 24 and sent them to some lady in Japan. It turned out great! [​IMG]

Very cool Christmas ornaments, let me tell you!

8. fowlman33

fowlman33 Out Of The Brooder

Dec 16, 2010
    I need a good recipe for the pickling of quail eggs.....full instructions !!

9. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    Quote:I have blown quail eggs before, it was very successful! I even did 24 and sent them to some lady in Japan. It turned out great! [​IMG]

Very cool Christmas ornaments, let me tell you!

Good to know! I just thought with their brittleness (you can't peel a quail egg and have the entire shell come off in one piece like you can a chicken, duck, or goose egg) they'd just crumble to bits.

10. Kevin565

Kevin565 Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Dec 22, 2009
    I blow alot of my eggs out now. They make great crafts.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by