What you feed your chicken /allergies

I don’t think some people quite understand. It doesn’t need to pass through the animal if the environment already has it. Particles would most likely be on the bird that layed it, since they ate the nuts, and hence in the area they layed it in. The person that gathered the eggs could also have contaminated it, because they would have to handle nuts to feed the birds.

If you are exposed to something you are allergic to, you will probably react to it. That means if you are allergic to nuts, and you touch something that was in close proximity to nuts, you will react to the product because it has traces of nuts. It’s pretty simple. It’s like if you covered a pillow in dirt, and you put the pillow on top of your head, your head would be covered in dirt.

I don’t think some people quite understand. It doesn’t need to pass through the animal if the environment already has it. Particles would most likely be on the bird that layed it, since they ate the nuts, and hence in the area they layed it in. The person that gathered the eggs could also have contaminated it, because they would have to handle nuts to feed the birds.

If you are exposed to something you are allergic to, you will probably react to it. That means if you are allergic to nuts, and you touch something that was in close proximity to nuts, you will react to the product because it has traces of nuts. It’s pretty simple. It’s like if you covered a pillow in dirt, and you put the pillow on top of your head, your head would be covered in dirt.
Oh. Ok thanks.

Nuts are fine for chickens.
As long as you aren't selling eggs to anyone who is allergic.
I'd imagine they'd have to eat a fair amount to cause an allergic reaction like that.

Apple seeds are toxic, but they aren't going to be getting enough to kill them.
Tomatoes and potatoes can be toxic.
They say don't give your chickens any scraps you wouldn't eat yourself. That would include raw potatoes, apple seeds and underripe tomatoes.
While I wouldn't feed them to the chickens because they're simply too yummy, but we eat fried green tomatoes quite often and then there are green pickled tomatoes too.

Ok. But I still think that it is pretty weird to get sick of an egg containing peanuts.

It is weird...but allergies are weird so could still be true.

Allergies are very different too...an allergy to pollen or cat act different than one to nuts or shellfish.

Just to be safe, I’m going to stop feeding my flock cats. :p ;) :D

Nuts are fine for chickens.
As long as you aren't selling eggs to anyone who is allergic.
I'd imagine they'd have to eat a fair amount to cause an allergic reaction like that.

Apple seeds are toxic, but they aren't going to be getting enough to kill them.
Tomatoes and potatoes can be toxic.
They say don't give your chickens any scraps you wouldn't eat yourself. That would include raw potatoes, apple seeds and underripe tomatoes.

Ahhhh...underripe tomatoes, I LOVE fried green tomatoes.

I’m severely allergic - Anaphylactic. The first time I had an allergy come through through some thing else was with my boyfriend he was at the bar playing pool and he had been eating pistachios the night before. We were intimate the following day and I went to anaphylactic shock. I’m highly sensitive to nut oil.
The reaction I had to the eggs wasn’t quite as strong as an anaphylactic reaction but I had hives on my hands I have hive on my back, down my arms and both cheeks the worst of the reaction came out of my hands. While this was happening I suspected the eggs but I wasn’t sure. I had had a doctors appointment to be allergy tested for some other things so I asked her to test me for eggs the egg test came up saying that I was not allergic to eggs. Only thing allergic too was nuts - so I took eggs off the list as the Allergan. I love eggs I eat a lot of eggs I had bought 3 dozen eggs from this farmer so I was eating them every day it wasn’t just a matter of cross-contamination. Eventually the egg stopped and so did my hands. I had to go to a numerous number of doctors because the pain was bad the itching was that I had were socks on my hands because my skin was literally eating itself. Once the eggs were gone it did stop. It took me a while to pinpoint it because I did buy more eggs from the store. Then I bought another dozen and it came back after talking to the chicken farmer and finding out that she fed the chickens nuts... I think it really depends on how allergic somebody is however do you want to take that chance?

Also I’m a little bit confused how did he get omega three oil’s into eggs if it can’t be passed?

This is the site where potatoes, tomatoes, and apple seeds are “poisonous to chickens”. :D

I guess I haven't read that thread. Accordingly, I give my chickens whole apples -- with the seeds -- when one gets old and I don't want it anymore and tomatoes All. The. Time. in the summer when the local vermin take a bite and leave them on the vine.

No chickens showing any signs of distress over it...

Back
Top Bottom