WHAT? You Mean I Might Be Wrong? (aka Is My Roo Gay?)

dangerouschicken

Will Barter For Coffee
12 Years
May 6, 2007
Columbia Gorge, OR
Either I have a cockerel who swings both ways, or I was wrong about the sex of both my last guinea AND one of my EEs!

As for the guinea, it never makes "bah-WEET" sounds, only weird R2-D2 chattery warning sounds. It got its helmet head and wattles fairly early, so I was pretty sure it was a male. But when husband went out to the coop this afternoon, our Mottled Houdan cockerel was mating with the guinea!
ep.gif

I saw the MH try the same thing with an EE that I have assumed for weeks was a male, as the EEs pea comb has 3 distinct peas. The MH also tries to mate with a for sure female EE, as well.

I would post pics but my camera is acting up.

Now, was I wrong about these things or is the Mottled Houdan a little confused about his sexuality?
hu.gif

Edited to add: If the roo is gay, no biggie. I just want him to be accepted for who he is.
lol.png

Last edited:
Sounds like he's just not too picky. I can't tell what sex my guineas are for the life of me. I thought I heard one buckwheating, but I haven't heard it in weeks. They're currently fascinated with their ear piercing, brain liquifying, internal organ jiggling shriek of doom.

I have a frizzle rooster that is trying to mate with any and everything. Back in June our daughter was in the local fair. We thought the frizzle was a pullet...That is until the NIGHT BEFORE the fair. He jumped up on his feed dish and did the most pitiful crow I have ever had the pleasure of hearing.
lau.gif
So she turned out to be "Rizo the Frizzle Rooster" on the offical fair registration papers...
D.gif

Well now that he is well onto his way to manhood he has tried to mount a couple baby turkeys-both female and males, 2 other roosters, our drake mascovy, 2 of our female mascovies, and a few hens. I think he's just testing his ground...
idunno.gif

Quote:
ROFL!!!!!
lau.gif
gig.gif

I can not tell mine apart either, and I know the ear piercing, brain liquifying, internal organ jiggling shriek of doom sound you are referring to! LOLOLOL But I do hear the buckwheat sounds too (my friend and I call this the rusty swing sound). I was just telling the DH I wish I knew how to tell them apart. I guess when I get eggs, then I will know for sure. Which BTW does anyone know when guineas will start laying? Thanks.
big_smile.png

gig.gif
You guys crack me up
gig.gif

gig.gif
The guinea sound descriptions are just awesome
gig.gif

gig.gif
Rusty swing
gig.gif

gig.gif
ear piercing, brain liquifying, internal organ jiggling shriek of doom
gig.gif

gig.gif
Can't. Stop. Laughing.
gig.gif

BTW, I found a new home for him today. Now he'll have plenty of GIRLS to mount.
fl.gif

Back
Top Bottom