Whatcha Making for Supper?

I made this a couple nights ago. Great for these now chilly evenings!
https://therecipecritic.com/cheeseburger-soup/
Nixed the celery and carrots because I didn't have any celery and my super floppy still-in-the-fridge carrots just weren't gonna cut it :lau Didn't have any basil, so I substituted 1tsp Italian seasoning, added extra potatoes and broth, and used sharp cheddar. Very tasty!

Stuff pepper soup.... recipe please? :D
Well I dont use a recipe for anything really. Brown some ground beef, chunk up some bell peppers, add some diced tomatoes, rice, and what ever seasoning you use for stuff peppers. Add some beef or chicken broth and thats a basic stuff pepper soup. I grew up cooking with what ever was handy. So I never follow recipe. Except for baking things.

I like rice cassaroles actually saw a show yesterday on the food chanel they made invidual pot pies make a light dough roll it good to make squares .. your pot pie ingredients should be made to a ball place on dough then put a top layer of dough like a big ravioli bake till brown eat or freeze

I cheated, it’s from a jar, lol. But the meatloaf and spinach were fresh made. But if I made from scratch I would shred the cabbage, put in a pot with some apple cider vinegar, water (enough liquid to cover), salt, tad brown sugar and let it cook for a bit at a low simmer to reduce the liquids and get some flavor in the cabbage, and soften it up. Stir every once in awhile and taste. Adjust seasonings to your taste. Top with crumbled bacon if you please and serve. Another option is to lightly saute some sliced onion and apples in a little oil before adding the cabbage, etc and then cook down. You can make a little in a small pan or a lot in a Dutch oven. Delicious.
Pretty much how I make it except that I add sugar to create a sweet/sour version.
Oh like Cabbage Rolls. I love those. that is a great idea for a near future supper.
Same thing - different name.

Back
Top Bottom