Whatcha Making for Supper?

Here's what I make Sour, I use this recipe as sort of a guideline. If I have a carrot that needs to be used, I dice and toss that in. If I have a bit more ham, it goes in and the same with potatoes and celery. In other words, I kind of wing it.

Ham and Potato Soup

3 1/2 Cups peeled & diced potatoes
1/3 Cup diced celery
1/3 Cup finely chopped onion
3/4 Cup ham, cooked & cut into bite size pieces
2 Tablespoons chicken bouillon granules (or some chicken broth)
salt & pepper to taste
5 Tablespoons butter
5 Tablespoons flour
2 Cups milk

1. Combine the potatoes, celery, onion, ham and water in a pot. Bring to a boil and cook until potatoes are tender. Stir in bouillon, salt & pepper.
2. In a separate saucepan, melt the butter and whisk in the flour; cook, whisking constantly about 1 minute. Slowly add in milk so lumps don't form. Continue whisking until thick, about 5 minutes.
3. Stir the milk mixture into the potato mixture and cook until heated through.

This will be a bit on the thin side, but gets thick overnight and I think it's best the next day. We like to sprinkle a little shredded cheddar (and sometimes crumbled bacon) on it. Potato soup 3.JPG

Here's what I make Sour, I use this recipe as sort of a guideline. If I have a carrot that needs to be used, I dice and toss that in. If I have a bit more ham, it goes in and the same with potatoes and celery. In other words, I kind of wing it.

Ham and Potato Soup

3 1/2 Cups peeled & diced potatoes
1/3 Cup diced celery
1/3 Cup finely chopped onion
3/4 Cup ham, cooked & cut into bite size pieces
2 Tablespoons chicken bouillon granules (or some chicken broth)
salt & pepper to taste
5 Tablespoons butter
5 Tablespoons flour
2 Cups milk

1. Combine the potatoes, celery, onion, ham and water in a pot. Bring to a boil and cook until potatoes are tender. Stir in bouillon, salt & pepper.
2. In a separate saucepan, melt the butter and whisk in the flour; cook, whisking constantly about 1 minute. Slowly add in milk so lumps don't form. Continue whisking until thick, about 5 minutes.
3. Stir the milk mixture into the potato mixture and cook until heated through.

This will be a bit on the thin side, but gets thick overnight and I think it's best the next day. We like to sprinkle a little shredded cheddar (and sometimes crumbled bacon) on it.View attachment 2420320
Looks delisherous Debby!

Back
Top Bottom