Whatcha Making for Supper?

Oh ok gotcha! I don’t blame you a bit! I think rabbit would be a very sensible protein source but gee there’s a cuddly cute factor there. Don’t thinK I could eat one I raised. I did buy some at a grocery store years and years ago but I can’t remember what I did with it! :rolleyes:
Well, if you’re me you unplug your deep freeze to use the iron and 4 days later get a nasty surprise when you open it for dinner.
The bread dough was the worst to clean!

Well, if you’re me you unplug your deep freeze to use the iron and 4 days later get a nasty surprise when you open it for dinner.
The bread dough was the worst to clean!
Oh dear! When I went to film school they told us to put our car keys in the fridge or freezer that we had to unplug for the sound people. Works like a charm unless you’re ironing at midnight, lol Then you’d have to figure out what you absolutely needed before going to bed and put that in there!

We ended up doing the wing thing. Son paid so he chose which wing joint.
He chose a new place.
The fries were....odd.....
They were white potatoes not sweet potatoes..... However they were seasoned with something sweet in the shaker.
You he wings were ok. Their 3 out of 5 little flames on the heat scale should have been a 1 lol.

Not HORRIBLE but not my usual wing joint (and their delicious perfect fries)

That's why I don't eat out, I was always disappointed.

We have a few favorite spots. Wouldn't know they were there if we didn't say "Hey! Wanna try this place?".

It's ok....it wasn't HORRIBLE, just different.

Tomorrow is hubs birthday. While tradition has been dinner at the birthday persons favorite places.......hubs wants to go to a steakhouse. I would rather we did a to go thing but..... :confused: 😷 and :fl

We have a few favorite spots. Wouldn't know they were there if we didn't say "Hey! Wanna try this place?".

It's ok....it wasn't HORRIBLE, just different.

Tomorrow is hubs birthday. While tradition has been dinner at the birthday persons favorite places.......hubs wants to go to a steakhouse. I would rather we did a to go thing but..... :confused: 😷 and :fl
I know what you mean.
I also learned the very hard way to NOT try new places on special occassions. I now (within the last 10 yrs or so) do trial runs first and order the same safe thing. If that passes the test I’ll go back and after a while try something new.
We have a really nice place here that you have to kinda know in order to want to eat there after walking in. Cant really explain it. But, the first time we went there we ordered regular food and it was nasty! Several years later we went back, I really dont remember why, but I ordered breakfast food :drool Its been a regular stop ever since. But ive only ordered regular food recently:lol::lol::lol:

I am going to try frying a chuck roast in butter and then deglaze the pan with red wine, then i'll add tomato puree cover and simmer. After 45 minutes, I'll add the the basic salt, pepper, minced garlic, carrot, onion, celery and potato and simmer for another 15min before serving.
That sounds good, but 15 min won't be long enough to cook the veggies and potatoes unless they are chopped very small, I don't think.

Back
Top Bottom