Whatdo you do with exess eggs?

Right now I don't have any. Sometimes when sales are up we run out.

lau.gif

Last edited:
We hard boil 1 dozen eggs. Shell them. Put them in a large jar and add 1 quart beets and 1 cup apple cider vinegar. Put in Fridge. Turn jar around and upside down to keep from having white spots on eggs where they were against the jar side a couple times daily for 2 days and you have great pickled eggs.
Bonus: You can then make Deviled Pickled Eggs from these. Those are really great!!

My daughter's boyfriend (18) just had his first pickled egg here at Easter. He loved it and we couldn't believe he had never had them before.

can you make pickled beet eggs with duck eggs?????
My grandma Hildebrand in New Hamphsire makes pickled beets with hard boiled eggs all the time... Only thing is shes there and I'm in Texas LOL.. will be getting duck eggs later down the line so was wondering if they'd work too..

PRINGLE ; I have no Idea where you are located , but you can ship me some of your Firtle duck egg's in the new (small) postal box and I'll pay you for them , and the cost of the box .... I'm ALAN B . ..... Email , if you can to [email protected] , thankyou .
smile.png

D.gif
For freezing eggs this is an excerpt from the book "Chickens in your backyard; A beginners guide"
Scramble the eggs and add one teaspoon of honey or half a teaspoon of salt for each cup of eggs, to keep the yolk from getting pasty then pour the eggs in ice cube trays....store in plastic bags and thaw as needed. Thawed eggs should be used within 24 hrs. For recipe purposes one egg is roughly equal to one cube or about 3 tablespoons.​

Quote:
I think they are the best tasting pickled eggs of them all:
hmm.png
I make German style pickled duck eggs and don't use beets. I brought regular hard boiled duck eggs still in the shell to a 4th of July party and served them with Russian Sausage, White cheese, Black bread, salt shaker and Vodka all stored in a old fashioned wicker picnic basket. They were all gone in about 45 minutes.
But people kept asking me where did you get the goose eggs ?

Last edited:
How long are the pickled eggs good for? DOes the flavor get stronger the longer you keep them? i wonder if you can use Juice from jalepeno jar for spicy pickled eggs?

Back
Top Bottom