whats a good laptop to buy

I have a Dell Studio that is 1.5 years old and have never had any problems with it. DH has a 2 year Dell Inspiron and has had to replace the hard drive and the processor as well as had a problem with the cd drive. He hates his ~ I like mine!

After looking into Macs, decide it was too pricey and too many new things to learn so DW and I both bought HP's--had them about 8 months and like them. BTW, I'd go with Window's 7 professional as OPS.

I love my HP. Mine does have 8 MB of RAM, though.
big_smile.png
My daughter has a Mac, but doesn't really like it. When the time comes to purchase again, she will get an HP.

Last edited by a moderator:
Macs all the way. I recommend an iBook or MacBook. I have a PowerBook from 2003 that is still in perfect condition!
Stay awayyyyyy from Dells, HP, ThinkPads, etc. They break easily and are generally bad machines.

I'm on a Toshiba right now, its my work computer- Its okay
I have a '02 dell at home- everytime I use it I just want to pick it up and throw it out the window, then go buy a Mac. My wife was even the one who suggested buying one, she is into music, and wants the Garage band program.

I don't think the little extra money you would save by not buying a Mac would really be worth it.
Let face it "you can make more money but you can't make more time"

I have a Dell laptop, a Dell desktop and had a Dell at work. In the past I have had HP and Compaq, (before HP took over Compaq).

Dell all the way. Steady, reliable and reasonably fast given the crappy ISP we have.

BUT.... we don't do the gaming- for that you need speed, and graphics at lightning speed.

Check the Consumer Reports books and mags at the library.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom