What's for Supper Tonight?

Turkey dumpling soup with home made pizza with a little pesto mixed into the sauce.
droolin.gif

Roast beef
Mashed potatoes and gravy
Butternut squash out of the garden
Hot rolls
And orange jello with crushed pineapple and orange slices topped with cool whip

Yummy, everyone's menu's sound delish. The Ham and Cabbage soup was so-o-o good. I made a green salad and served crusty bread on the side. Since each of us had two bowls of soup, nobody wanted dessert, LOL. DH and I will finish off the soup for lunch tomarrow. It's always better the next day anyway.

Last night we had home made pepperoni pizza. We are lucky to have leftovers warming in the oven for lunch.

Tonights meal is in the crock pot. We're having beef roast with mashed potatoes, carrots and green beans. Applesauce, too. Maybe chocolate chip cookies for dessert if I get them made.

Ham and cabbage soup sounds like a real comfort-type soup. We've never had it. Would you share your recipe?

I have made homemade chicken soup. But I am posting a recipe that is killer and way sooooo easy. Try it
Tink

Taco Soup (7 can soup)

1 lb. ground sirloin beef
1 package taco seasoning
1 package RANCH dressing mix
1 can whole kernel corn
1 can chopped green chilies (hot or medium)
1 can chili beans 12 oz.
1 can kidney beans 12 oz.
1 can diced Rotel tomatoes and chilies
1 can diced stewed tomatoes
2 cans water (24 oz. of water)

Brown the beef and add taco seasoning and RANCH dressing mix while simmering. Add remaining ingredients to a large soup/chili pot. Bring this concoction to a slow boil. Add salt and pepper to taste. Reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes.

This has the same properties as good chili, in that it gets better the more times you re-heat.

Back
Top Bottom