What's going on and how do I stop it

Eggs hopefully - but in reality I have a daughter with Autism (high functioning) and she begged for them. We thought it would be a good learning opportunity for her and give her a chance to do 4h etc. She found a baby robin that had fallen out of its best last year and took care of it until it could be released. So we thought it would be good for her!
263a.png
Of course she just goes outside and sings to them and talks to them. And apparently they like One Direction.....

Lol awww! She will be great with them. 4-H is also a good idea. I used to do it and I loved it. Chickens will also be good for her. I've seen and found autistic kid are the sweetest with animals and also most animals sense their kindness and sweetness and will let them get closer to them than they will for others.

(If I said anything that may have offended you let me know. It was unintentional. )

Last edited:
Yes. 6 weeks in and now I'm wondering what I got myself into!!!
1f603.png
Don't worry, you will get used to the things chickens do to each other and the trouble they can get into. My EE scraped the top of her beak off at about 24 weeks , I was mortified and terrified she was going to be my first loss but blessed be that little girl recovered and now her beak is almost all grown back. The eggs and entertainment are well worth the effort!
thumbsup.gif

Lol awww! She will be great with them. 4-H is also a good idea. I used to do it and I loved it. Chickens will also be good for her. I've seen and found autistic kid are the sweetest with animals and also most animals sense their kindness and sweetness and will let them get closer to them than they will for others.

(If I said anything that may have offended you let me know. It was unintentional. )

No offense here! You are absolutely correct! And their is nothing better to help someone learn self sufficiency and independence. Not to mention just watching the perpetual cuteness! I just wish I knew a bit more. I read up for months - but nothing really is like living it! Well hopefully the other 5 all survive (and remain girls!). Thx again for your help!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom