What's in everyones brooders?

2 Rock x Cornish - 21 White Faced Black Spanish - 18 Malaysian Seramas Coming soon (in the bator) 28 seramas - 12 wfbs - 12 black sex links - 6 rock cornish

I have 7 2 week old (look like they are a month old for they are as big as my neighbors 1 months olds) in the playpen(big brooder) and 6 1 week or younger in the brooder box(30 QT tote) have 9 eggs due on the 22nd and 24 more due on the 4th, with no place to put them all.

We just today put our 26 chicks in the coop at 5 weeks old--3 buff brahmas, 2GLW, 2SLW, 2 New Hamps, 1 partridge rock, 1 cuckoo maran, 1 BC maran, 3 barred rocks, 3 salmon faverolles, 3 EE's, 2 welsummers, and 2 campines. Still in the brooder in my living room are 12-3 1/2 week olds--2 silkies, 2 mille fleurs, 2 dark brahmas, 2 BO's, 2 polish, and 2 anconas.

20 3 week Red Sexlink chicks in one 8 roos and 12 pullets

and

60 3 week Cornish Cross in the other boy I can't wait until they can get outside.

50 week-old Cornish X Rock babies and boy do they stink!!!! Thank goodness I didn't try to start them in the house like I did our layers.
sickbyc.gif
I can't wait for them to be outside in the fresh air in their tractor!
001-18.jpg

Last edited:
2 rir and 3 of something else from TSC. Tried to post pics to id the mystery chicks, but still a newbie so can't post pics. My brooder is a little portion of my coop penned off with a heat lamp. Here in Louisiana haven't had to have the heat lamp on all the time until this week when it turned chilly. the 3 mystery chicks are nearly feathered out. the two little rir are a week or so younger and still kind of fuzzy.

Back
Top Bottom