Whats in YOUR Assortment? ....Hatchery Reports

Half-Mile Farm

Hatching
5 Years
Feb 3, 2014
Maybe we can start a thread here to report what mixes of breeds the varied Hatcheries are sending out. For example McMurray sends out a Rainbow layer assortment on Feb 17th to someone and they report that they got 10 Ameracauna, some leghorns, and a few????. I'm always interested in what the hatcheries are sending out and when.

So what have to gotten so far?

I have a Brown Egg Layer and a Rainbow layer assortment due March 10th.

Last February I got a Frypan Bargin from Cackle Hatchery and got Buff Orpingtons, RIRs, BRs, and Golden Comets. I'm getting a Heavy Breed Assortment from Cackle in a few days as well.

I didn't have room in my current coop for the 25 pullet rainbow pack from Meyer, so I ordered some from each of their assortments (white, brown, and rare). I ordered a couple roo's too. They will be shipping next week! I'm nervous and excited as I am not very familiar with all the breeds yet, so I will probably need some help figuring out who is what.

Last February I got a Frypan Bargin from Cackle Hatchery and got Buff Orpingtons, RIRs, BRs, and Golden Comets. I'm getting a Heavy Breed Assortment from Cackle in a few days as well.

So I got my assortment. I ordered 25, got 26, and 1 died. The breeds I think I got at this point include: Barred Rock, Cuckoo Maran, Delaware, and/or Indian Rivers.

Following :) I ordered the surprise from cackle and the frypan from them too. First time ever with meaties so I'm curious to see what breeds I get :p

I got the Cackle Surprise today. I received 53 chicks, 2 Peking ducks, and 1 Turkey (Blue Slate, I think).

I'm still working on the chicks, but so far:
RIR, Barred Rock, White Sultan, Mottled Houdan, several Phoenix's, and quite a few Old English Game Birds.

I got the Ornamental Layer collection from Murray McMurray (25 birds)

Have so far identified

White crowned Polish
Golden Polish
Dominique
White laced Cornish
Black Cochin
Buff Cochin
Partridge Cochin
Lakenvelder
Phoenix/Silver Leghorn
White faced black Spanish
And several black birds that need to grow more plumage for id

I ordered the 15 brown egg layer assortment they sent me white wyandotte, 1 silver laced wyandotte, 1 production red, 3 chipmunks that I think are speckled sussex, black sex link, white and buff either rock or orpintons (I haven't really had a chance to look at leg color yet) . I didn't think that was bad for just the 15 assorted! I had also ordered what I knew I wanted, and they sent me all those, an extra barred rock roo, and my mystery breed is a buff cochin.

Back
Top Bottom