Whats in YOUR Assortment? ....Hatchery Reports

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by Half-Mile Farm, Feb 18, 2014.

1. Half-Mile Farm

Half-Mile Farm New Egg

Feb 3, 2014
    Maybe we can start a thread here to report what mixes of breeds the varied Hatcheries are sending out. For example McMurray sends out a Rainbow layer assortment on Feb 17th to someone and they report that they got 10 Ameracauna, some leghorns, and a few????. I'm always interested in what the hatcheries are sending out and when.

So what have to gotten so far?

I have a Brown Egg Layer and a Rainbow layer assortment due March 10th.

2. goodb

goodb Chillin' With My Peeps

Last July I ordered the brown layer assortment from McMurray. I received RIRs, Buff Orpingtons, Production Reds and a Partridge Rock. The free rare exotic was a Silver Leghorn.

3. StewedMammal

StewedMammal Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 19, 2013
    Pembroke, MA
    Last February I got a Frypan Bargin from Cackle Hatchery and got Buff Orpingtons, RIRs, BRs, and Golden Comets. I'm getting a Heavy Breed Assortment from Cackle in a few days as well.

4. RedNewcomer

RedNewcomer Out Of The Brooder

Jan 17, 2014
    Marysville Ohio
    I have a rare breed assortment due tomorrow morning hopefully from meyer hatchery. Pretty excited since this will be my first batch.

5. primaknits

primaknits Out Of The Brooder

Feb 11, 2014
    I didn't have room in my current coop for the 25 pullet rainbow pack from Meyer, so I ordered some from each of their assortments (white, brown, and rare). I ordered a couple roo's too. They will be shipping next week! I'm nervous and excited as I am not very familiar with all the breeds yet, so I will probably need some help figuring out who is what.

6. StewedMammal

StewedMammal Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 19, 2013
    Pembroke, MA
    So I got my assortment. I ordered 25, got 26, and 1 died. The breeds I think I got at this point include: Barred Rock, Cuckoo Maran, Delaware, and/or Indian Rivers.

7. LooseyGoosey

LooseyGoosey Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 1, 2014
    Following :) I ordered the surprise from cackle and the frypan from them too. First time ever with meaties so I'm curious to see what breeds I get :p

8. dealfinder500

dealfinder500 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 12, 2013
    I got the Cackle Surprise today. I received 53 chicks, 2 Peking ducks, and 1 Turkey (Blue Slate, I think).

I'm still working on the chicks, but so far:
    RIR, Barred Rock, White Sultan, Mottled Houdan, several Phoenix's, and quite a few Old English Game Birds.

9. BlueDognChicks

BlueDognChicks Out Of The Brooder

Mar 19, 2014
    I got the Ornamental Layer collection from Murray McMurray (25 birds)

Have so far identified

White crowned Polish
    Golden Polish
    Dominique
    White laced Cornish
    Black Cochin
    Buff Cochin
    Partridge Cochin
    Lakenvelder
    Phoenix/Silver Leghorn
    White faced black Spanish
    And several black birds that need to grow more plumage for id

10. Caheen

Caheen Out Of The Brooder

Aug 15, 2011
    Michigan
    I ordered the 15 brown egg layer assortment they sent me white wyandotte, 1 silver laced wyandotte, 1 production red, 3 chipmunks that I think are speckled sussex, black sex link, white and buff either rock or orpintons (I haven't really had a chance to look at leg color yet) . I didn't think that was bad for just the 15 assorted! I had also ordered what I knew I wanted, and they sent me all those, an extra barred rock roo, and my mystery breed is a buff cochin.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by