What's is wrong with this chick?

FeatherMomma

In the Brooder
Aug 29, 2022
Please help! I have 7 (2 weeks old) chicks. Yesterday, one chick popcorned out of the plastic tub brooder.
I have a mesh material over the box, and a towel on part of it, and I use chip clips to keep the material in place.
20220913_154916.jpg
20220913_152417.jpg
I did a quick check of the chick yesterday, nothing seemed to be amiss at the time.
Today we went to switch brooders, and notice this chick. I'm not even sure it is the same chick that popcorned.
The chick doesn't seem to be in pain unless you attempt to pick it up. I did so ever so gently.
PLEASE PLEASE HELP!

Is the neck floppy?
Is it able to move
What are you feeding them?

If it's able to walk, eat, and drink, I would say it's wry neck. A bird can live a close to normal life with wry neck.

If the neck is floppy or it can't move, I would suspect an injured neck. If that is the case, it may be kindest to cull.

Bless you for responding! I have been trying to observe the chick. I really wanted to make sure it's not going to suffer. I don't know if anything can be done to help. If need be I will have my husband end it's suffering.

Bless you for responding! I have been trying to observe the chick. I really wanted to make sure it's not going to suffer. I don't know if anything can be done to help. If need be I will have my husband end it's suffering.
What are you feeding them? If it's wry neck, it could be genetic, developmental, or malnutrition.

Back
Top Bottom