What's more dirty???

rirbrahma

Chirping
8 Years
Oct 25, 2011
hawaii
What's more dirty dogs or chickens? Every time I hold my chickens some says " eww, chickens are so filthy!"
What's your opinion? I know it depends on how you care for your birds & dogs.
I think my chickens are pretty clean.
smile.png

What do you think?

dogs are dirtier...I have seen my dogs roll in some pretty nasty stuff...chickens are always preening and cleaning themselves...

Last edited:
LOL well dogs only have fleas if you let them have fleas... most don't.

I'd say... Dogs are cleaner. For the most part kept indoors, and since their inside, we bathe them a lot more frequently.
Chickens are outside and only bathed when necessary.

But I wouldn't call either one "dirty"... and it is all in how they are cared for
wink.png

My dog occasionallly finds a rotten egg to roll in or eat. Or chicken, duck or goose poop. Then she wants to snuggle up to you
sickbyc.gif

Some of my chickens like to hop on my lap or shoulder, and they like to dust bathe, but I've yet to see them deliberately seeking out smelly stuff for their dust bath--they seem to prefer dry dirt or shavings.

They all get baths as needed.

My chickens are feathered mudballs at the moment and I don;t have a dog so I'd have to say chickens.

It is raining here and the run in front of the coop is a mud pit. It'll get some gravel when it stops raining.

Keep some chicks in the house for a few weeks (OK, I guess it may have been months) and you will see how much dust and dirt they produce. My garage (yes they were in there too) is still a dusty mess.

We raised 2 batches of peeps in our spare room in our house not knowing just how much dust the little animals can make...after that they were moved to the basement and as they got bigger it got worse (dust) so now we are in the process of adding a hatching room on to our coup so that the dust can stay there....I have 14 peeps and 1 adult chicken now and they are very clean and preening all the time but they poop where ever they get the urge....I have 3 mini pin (dogs) and they are keep in the house and even sleep with me and my husband and they are the cleanest dogs that I have ever had....Granted the one just loves deer poop
lol.png
It truely depends on the way they are raised and how much the owners love their animals and fowl....

Back
Top Bottom