What's more dirty???

Kristy:

I have a Cardigan Welsh Corgi. They're in the herding class of dogs. I've had other Cardi's, and they weren't as stinky. She is just a stinky girl...her own personal physiology I guess. She would probably be less stinky if she were spayed, but at the age she was when we got her, we decided that it wasn't cost effective to get her fixed. We just mop the floors and wash her bed a lot. She gets fewer baths because if we wash her to frequently she gets super dry skin and looses large patches of hair. I even custom blend shampoo for her so that it doesn't irritate her skin....elderly dog when we got her...knew it would be more work.

Quote:
I have a pug that'll stink up the WHOLE house!! We bathe him 2-3 times a week & nothing! NADA! NO RESULTS! He just always stinks! LOL
lau.gif

Quote:
I always wonder, when people mention "more germs" with something.... Do they mean, More germs in sheer numbers... Or more germs in variety?

I would say... Chickens would have many, many more germs in variety (which is the aspect with more risk), because of their outside enviroment and browsing activities.

Dogs and Chickens probaby have exactly the same sheer number of germs, per square inch of animal or whatever. Probably just as many as the surface area would take... just like people who don't wash everyday, LOL!

Quote:
I always wonder, when people mention "more germs" with something.... Do they mean, More germs in sheer numbers... Or more germs in variety?

I would say... Chickens would have many, many more germs in variety (which is the aspect with more risk), because of their outside enviroment and browsing activities.

Dogs and Chickens probaby have exactly the same sheer number of germs, per square inch of animal or whatever. Probably just as many as the surface area would take... just like people who don't wash everyday, LOL!

yep.. variety.. IMO

All I know is my cats are clean, just ask them.
Don't touch them or they will have to clean all day.
gig.gif

That being said my dogs roll in the hay, the chicken poo, the horse poo, the dirt, and they dig holes to nowhere.
My chickens don't roll in anything, or dig to nowhere.
I never wash my chickens and they don't smell. On the other hand I'm always washing the dogs, because they roll in all the poo.
My vote says the chickens are cleaner.

Don't forget that there are good bacteria as well as bad. We are all a bacterial process, and it's not a super scary bad thing! There are many many many bacteria and even viruses that are good and useful. We as humans are only at the cusp of beginning to understand how all these "invisible" things work together. They are not cart blanche something to be feared.

Back
Top Bottom